Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX 6240N optical photoconductoe needs replacing and printing problems with mac

Hello,My customer with a mac computer running os 10.13.3 is getting a message on her print screen that says optical photoconductor needs replacing. The machine is fully up to date and nothing needs replacing,plus I never seen where sharp calls it a optical photoconductor. Also she is having problen of when she sends print job to machine the data light will flash then nothing happens. If the machine and computer rebooted then will work again. the firmware is 0500s100
    Anybody know of these problems? Thanks

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX 6240N optical photoconductoe needs replacing and printing problems with mac

This is a known issue with newer Sharps and certain versions of "Mountain Lion" MAC OS. Remove the device and re-add it to the server or PC and the error will go away.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MX 6240N optical photoconductoe needs replacing and printing problems with mac

Thanks for the reply,I found during web searching many different makes and models getting this message on their apple computers.