Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 3070 E7 A7 Error Code. Machine powers off and on now

Re: Sharp MX 3070 E7 A7 Error Code. Machine powers off and on now

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    I just had to replace the mSATA card on one of these machines the other day

Before you replace anything though, remove the MFPC cover plate with the machine on, and look for the green lights. There should be two sets of four lights next to the mSATA card, and one set of four lights at the bottom of the board. If any of the lights next to the mSATA card are not on, replace the mSATA card, and if any of the lights at the bottom of the board are not on, replace the board
    After replacing the Msata, the control panel won't work. At this point after inserting and playing with ribbon cables for seems like hours... lol I am blaming it on the MFPC Board. I attached a pic of the lights above Msata board. The 4 lights by the rom are all on
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really appreciate all the replies more than you know. I'm starting a new thread on this. Still having problems with this machine. I replaced the controller board and that fixed the control panel but now it won't come out of the CN mode and when we try to load firmware it say's code error.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I really appreciate all the replies more than you know. I'm starting a new thread on this. Still having problems with this machine. I replaced the controller board and that fixed the control panel but now it won't come out of the CN mode and when we try to load firmware it say's code error.
    What was your ultimate fix on this issue? Just received this code today on a 4070 and am bringing the msata and the mpf board. Is there a successful way of cloning the msata cards?

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    What was your ultimate fix on this issue? Just received this code today on a 4070 and am bringing the msata and the mpf board. Is there a successful way of cloning the msata cards?
    Yep, I am not sure what's involved or where to get the software but there are techs doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Yep, I am not sure what's involved or where to get the software but there are techs doing it.
    What was your ultimate fix for the E7-A7 error?

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    What was your ultimate fix for the E7-A7 error?
    It's been a few years but it was the MSATA card. I got it directly from Sharp from a local dealer. I then decided to start focusing on Kyocera. But I believe the MSATA fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help Doug James. It turned out to be the MSATA for me as well. I'll look to see if anyone has successfully cloned MSATA cards here.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I use HDD Raw Copy Tool along with a Apricorn mSATA Wire case to program blank mSATA cards from known good images. Sometimes I can bring a bad mSATA card back and install it in another machine and it will work so I can pull info off of it. I never copy or clone off of them though because I fear I might transfer some weirdness off of them.

It is hard to find new mSATA cards now so buying them from Sharp has been my only option lately.

I highly recommend cloning all machines to a flash drive whenever you are in front of them and attaching the flash drive somewhere on the machine. Then when a SD card, eSATA or HDD fails you can at least get it back to a fully functioning machine pretty quickly. I buy 512MB drives for around $2.10 each in 10 packs. Even if one out of ten comes in handy at some point I think it is well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I use HDD Raw Copy Tool along with a Apricorn mSATA Wire case to program blank mSATA cards from known good images. Sometimes I can bring a bad mSATA card back and install it in another machine and it will work so I can pull info off of it. I never copy or clone off of them though because I fear I might transfer some weirdness off of them.

It is hard to find new mSATA cards now so buying them from Sharp has been my only option lately.

I highly recommend cloning all machines to a flash drive whenever you are in front of them and attaching the flash drive somewhere on the machine. Then when a SD card, eSATA or HDD fails you can at least get it back to a fully functioning machine pretty quickly. I buy 512MB drives for around $2.10 each in 10 packs. Even if one out of ten comes in handy at some point I think it is well worth the money.
    Thant's a good idea with the flash drive. On the 40 series we always had a back up sd card inside the machine or on a techs computer.

Here is a good link to follow up on these errors as well.
    Interesting find: Msata cards