Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX-2600 Printing Failure.

We have a customer that has a MX-2600 base unit no postscript that is having failures to print from certain files.
    The files are from a financial web based software. The user sends the job then the data light blinks and never prints the job. I rebooted the machine to get the data light to go away and unlock the machine. He can send a saved copy of the file as a pdf to another computer and she can print the job.
    The user claims that it has been functioning fine until a few weeks ago.

I had them send me a copy of the file and I was able to print it to an identical MX-2600 in our office. We even took our 2600 to their office to see if maybe there was a setting that was preventing the file from printing. Ours failed in the same way. I had the user send the job after selecting print as image in the advanced settings tab and it prints but he said the quality in lower than he remembers. Neither the other user nor I need to print as image to get file to print. I replaced the driver and had no change all machines are using windows 10.

Thanks for any input.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MX-2600 Printing Failure.

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    We have a customer that has a MX-2600 base unit no postscript that is having failures to print from certain files.
    The files are from a financial web based software. The user sends the job then the data light blinks and never prints the job. I rebooted the machine to get the data light to go away and unlock the machine. He can send a saved copy of the file as a pdf to another computer and she can print the job.
    The user claims that it has been functioning fine until a few weeks ago.

I had them send me a copy of the file and I was able to print it to an identical MX-2600 in our office. We even took our 2600 to their office to see if maybe there was a setting that was preventing the file from printing. Ours failed in the same way. I had the user send the job after selecting print as image in the advanced settings tab and it prints but he said the quality in lower than he remembers. Neither the other user nor I need to print as image to get file to print. I replaced the driver and had no change all machines are using windows 10.

Thanks for any input.
    if the file prints at your shop..but doesn't in theirs: 1) settings in the network 2) setting on the PC... My leanings are the network settings.. but with little to no info .. really hard to tell.. is there an error report?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MX-2600 Printing Failure.

I am assuming the print issue is with just one computer? I did see where you had mentioned "he" and "she", but under the impression it is just one computer. Also, assuming your firmware is up to date on the MX-2600N. With that being said and assuming it is just the one computer, I would start with making sure their Adobe is current if that is what they are using, you did mention you reinstalled the driver. It works in PDF form, so it may be a compatibility issue with the specific program. Have you tried printing the same document from another computer directly from the same program Without saving it to pdf? IMHO, I have not seen much difference when a client selects print as image in the driver, we had real estate company that was having the same issue, we changed the driver to print as image and have had no issues with CQ or hanging up and dropping the jobs. Also, we installed Foxit on some of the computers that were having issues, no problems since, also.
    Last edited by copiertec; 02-16-2018 at 03:06 AM.