Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Motorcycle dealer printing license stickers on MX-301 not fusing very well

Customer wont print these from the bypass that has all the media type and heat adjustability. For whatever reason they will only put them in the drawer. Not a lot of adjustability heat wise for the drawer or many different media types. The print is rubbing off of the stickers. I have the heat set about as high as I can in sim 43 and in device settings I have it set for 28 lb paper.Also because these sheets that have the stickers on them are numbered they wont let me test on any of them,nor do they have any samples to give me. I do know they tell me the print smears and rubs off. I dont know, maybe it needs less heat.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Motorcycle dealer printing license stickers on MX-301 not fusing very well

Not familiar with Sharp, but sounds like it is out of spec paper. Generally nothing you will be able to do about it. If you are an authorized Sharp dealer the next call should be to them and get the District service manage to make a visit. May not shut the customer up but at least it will show you have manufacture backing when they say it cannot be done.

I believe HP has a line that can do this. Im not sure if they use a special fuser and or toner for the tags or not.

This may seem obvious but....
    1. you need the paper in question, you need the specs of the paper, is it even for laser print process?
    2. can the 301 handle the paper once specs are known
    3. if yes and only from bypass.....and customer refuses to use by pass....YOU'VE GOT A STANDOFF
    4. Why won't cust. use by pass? especially if machine can handle label stock in question

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    This may seem obvious but....
    1. you need the paper in question, you need the specs of the paper, is it even for laser print process?
    2. can the 301 handle the paper once specs are known
    3. if yes and only from bypass.....and customer refuses to use by pass....YOU'VE GOT A STANDOFF
    4. Why won't cust. use by pass? especially if machine can handle label stock in question
    That right there. Use the bypass with the correct media settings, or stop complaining. That's all that can be done. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Our DMV runs stuff like is being described. Everything goes through the bypass for them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

On situations like this I get the user's manual and go to paper specifications. Show the client what will run in the machine, what paper source has to be used and what settings are needed. If the paper is out side the specs or not used correctly then there is nothing you can do for them. Even if it works some times or it use to do it. You can not guarantee the machine to operate outside of what the manufacture set as its usage.

I think the reason they dont want to use the bypass is because they have a packet of papers to print out when they sell a bike. So they put the pack in the drawer and everything is in correct order. So it does not work if they run the regular paper in the drawer and put the sheet with the sticker that needs to get printed in the bypass. I mainly am wondering if anyone out there has had experience trying to print these stickers and what they had to do the get the toner to fuse to it.

aaa.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mansart; 02-20-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

They can put the whole packet in the bypass and run it even if the "plain" paper is set to "heavy 1, 2 or 3" it will still work fine, it will just run a little slower. If the packet is larger than the bypass max quanity, then put the first half in, let it run, then add the second half. To me this would be MUCH easier than pages not fusing??
    The Moose is loose!!

Thanks To all. I think what Mansart showed is the soloution I was looking for.