Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 3070 Control Panel Not Working

I changed the Msata board to fix a boot up problem. (The machine was powering on and off). With the new Msata it is staying on but the touchscreen panel is not coming on. Good chance I disconnected it when troubleshooting but I can't figure out where. I have been combing the manuals trying to figure out where it plugs in at but no luck. Any help would be very appreciated.

I did plug the old Msata board board back in and no touchscreen. It was working on earlier call....

Re: Sharp MX 3070 Control Panel Not Working

Check and double check....if you're a cautious soul, triple check all the flat ribbon cables into the MFP board.

To me the connector locks seems backwards I believe the lock portion is pushed down, but when looking at just seems wrong.

If you believe connectors are fine go into emergency firmware mode and see if you get panel

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I almost always end up screwing a board down with one cable left underneath it. It's probably something simple and easy.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

If the Hone button to the right of the touch panel is lit, check the connection directly underneath. Remove the brown panel, 3 screws, and there is a clip connector inside. This has a retrofittted harness.

If everything is dead, MFPC-SCN pwb, upper left to center area, 2 ribbon cables damn near on top of each other. I want to say theses have a retorfit as well. As mentioned previously, watch the FFC locking clips. Some Sharp have pull, some Sharps have push type. Hell some Sharps have both!

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Definitely the flat cables mentioned on MFP. Clips are very strange in them. Double double check

The dead console turned out to be a bad controller board... Still down with not being able to accept firmware after 2 controller boards and 2 Msata boards. Going to try to load old Firmware and see if that works.... Thanks so much for your replies... Really appreciated !!