Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Sharp MX-2300 with Magenta background.

Hi I have an old Sharp MX-2300 that once every month or so leaves lots of magenta background and it is always magenta. What i have noticed is that after the machine goes through adjust copy quality the copies look fine.
    I have swapped out all of the consumables and firmware and reseated all connectors. What i have noticed is that the copier rarely calibrates itself. Today I reset the drum counters and as the machine was warming up it recalibrated. Most of the time if you turn on and off it comes straight to ready with out adjusting copy quality.

MX-2615N_20180223_180835.pdfMX-2615N_20180223_180835.pdf

Above are before and after examples.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-2300 with Magenta background.

When you say changed consumables, does that mean you installed new developer, new drum and MK kit? Did you reset counters and manually go through the calibration procedure after changing these items? Looks as though something is shorting out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    When you say changed consumables, does that mean you installed new developer, new drum and MK kit? Did you reset counters and manually go through the calibration procedure after changing these items? Looks as though something is shorting out.

Hi yes I did. I thought so too, but what I noticed is that those older sharps constantly wanted to adjust copy quality, this one does not. The clean copy is what you get after the machine runs through is calibration cycle. The copies will look fine for quite a while most of the time but a month or so down the lie it will come back'

In simulation 44-28 the values were k bk ratio 40 I put it back to 20 same for value M.

tt-13856 it was changed because of constant Print quality being adjusted messages.

I don't think the box going or lack there off going into calibration mode is causing the issue. My reason for thinking so, is because it is just magenta, if it were related to a calibration issue, you would have more colors doing the same thing. If you have not changed out developing unit, try that, also I would re-seat, clean and check all connectors applying to the magenta developing unit and make sure they are making good contact, especially when the developing unit makes contact.

The calibrating message all the time with the first series of color was a pain in the ass and customers would complain about it constantly. The pastel II series did not have that issue thank god, the only issue they had was cleaning transfer belt message which was resolved by tweaking a few #'s. So, not having that calibrating message, constantly, is normal for this box.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I don't think the box going or lack there off going into calibration mode is causing the issue. My reason for thinking so, is because it is just magenta, if it were related to a calibration issue, you would have more colors doing the same thing. If you have not changed out developing unit, try that, also I would re-seat, clean and check all connectors applying to the magenta developing unit and make sure they are making good contact, especially when the developing unit makes contact.

The calibrating message all the time with the first series of color was a pain in the ass and customers would complain about it constantly. The pastel II series did not have that issue thank god, the only issue they had was cleaning transfer belt message which was resolved by tweaking a few #'s. So, not having that calibrating message, constantly, is normal for this box.
    I have had to replace the mfp board and pcu board for a similar issue. looked like a blueprint once kind of, jet black background and then a color image printed on top from just a normal word document with a chart that was printed. this machine only did it once in a while and had just had all new supplies as well. I have also seen the same issue happen on another machine with magenta but basically the same thing. if you have another machine it might be worth swapping the boards. hotline thought it might be due to mfp/printer memory corruption when doing the jobs.

It seems like the Drum unit is overcharging and taking to much developer from DV Unit. You should replace Drum Unit and developer, not the DV Unit.

My experience is - Those lines should be from main charger magenta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

I agree, and think you should try a new DV unit. As for the Calibration not showing up, You may want to look at SIM 26-53, and 54. That may give you some insight on that.

Hi guys, just reading over your comments. I'm wondering I'm having the same issue with my Sharp MX-B402 with constantly cleaning the transfer belt. I changed the transfer belt cleaned all sensors. My question is, is there something in simulation I can change to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daileyrobn714 View Post
    Hi guys, just reading over your comments. I'm wondering I'm having the same issue with my Sharp MX-B402 with constantly cleaning the transfer belt. I changed the transfer belt cleaned all sensors. My question is, is there something in simulation I can change to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    This was an adjustment I made for the Pastel 2 series and it worked, hope it works for the frontier, Sim 51-2, select engine, select W and change from 40 to 30.