Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX-2640 scan to dropbox

I have a customer with a 2640 on a MAC network that wants to scan all documents to dropbox. Has anyone been using this? I don't see an OSA v4.0 on the MX2640 accessory listings which is what the dropbox app says it needs.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MX-2640 scan to dropbox

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    I have a customer with a 2640 on a MAC network that wants to scan all documents to dropbox. Has anyone been using this? I don't see an OSA v4.0 on the MX2640 accessory listings which is what the dropbox app says it needs.
    I'm not sure of the OSA V.4. I know that the MX-2640 has Sharp OSA software integrated to scan to cloud services, but I've never had the opportunity to use it.

I have set up a lot of Scan-to-Dropbox environments, but with the Network Scanner Tool for Windows, FTP for Mac (10.12 and older). But you should be able to do it via SMB with 10.13 or higher.
    TT-20114 is a good reference for T-shooting scanning via SMB. Be sure to have SMBv2 installed on your copier to scan to Mac 10.7 or higher.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

Re: MX-2640 scan to dropbox

An easier setup would be to scan to a folder and have the Dropbox application manage synchronising it.