Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Enscoe09

Unhappy SHARP 7580 pulling in multiple pages at a time scanning

Hello. thank you in advance.

I have a customer that is using a SHARP MX-7580N. The issue is that when scanning, the document feeder is pulling in multiple pages at a time and skipping pages. This is almost a brand new unit. The scans count on this machine are 63,000. The Rollers have been checked - even replaced. The service manager says that is their originals. Their originals are stapled and passed around. The client removes the staples and puts all of the stacks together and scans a giant stack at once. It is skipping pages. The customer is upset that we can't resolve this, but our service department says it is their originals and they need to fan their documents before putting in to the document feeder. The customer said they have resorted to counting each page of the stack to make sure they have all of their docs and separate each page individually. There is a disconnect as the end user thinks it is the machine and the service department thinks it is on them and how they separate their files.

Any ideas on how to resolve this. I thought about recommending a paper jogger. I looked up a paper jogger, but the product is expensive and I would hate to recommend the client to buy a product that I am not sure is going to solve the issue. I also don't know if a paper jogger will resolve it as it jogs the paper into a neat stack and I fear that the separated pages will go back in to form as being stapled to the other pages.

I'm at a loss and not sure what to do. I'm about to replace the document feeder, but am told its not going to resolve anything. The rollers are in the center of the documents so it is not grabbing from the sides. If I was to recommend a desktop scanner, the rollers are in the middle.

Thank you for your input.

Ash

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: SHARP 7580 pulling in multiple pages at a time scanning

If you have access to another ADF unit to swap I would try that and if it did the same thing I would say it is on the user end. As you have already replaced the rollers and retard pad I am not sure where to go next.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

What if they feed the pages in Letter R with the stapled corner not in the feed throat?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Since they are just copying them have them put them in upside down so the staple deformed corner is at the bottom right. That may fix the issue if it's the deformity causing the it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm not sure if there is an original count function on the machine...count the stack with this function a few times until the count is consistent , and then try scanning the stack...