Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 3070 "Code Error" Updating firmware after replacing Msata and control board

Sharp MX 3070 "Code Error" Updating firmware after replacing Msata and control board

This machine is giving me hell. Long story short... I replaced the control board (Twice) and the Msata board (Twice) and still comes up in CN mode with the six squares. No matter how the dip switch is positioned. We tried to load firmware and it gives us a "Code error" The eproms were switched to new board. Any ideas would be a GREAT Help ... Thanks so much

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX 3070 "Code Error" Updating firmware after replacing Msata and control bo

Where did you get these MFP-SCN boards? Could possibly have gotten one with a DSK installed? Just a thought.

Re: Sharp MX 3070 "Code Error" Updating firmware after replacing Msata and control bo

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Where did you get these MFP-SCN boards? Could possibly have gotten one with a DSK installed? Just a thought.
    We got the boards from Hytec I'm not sure what DSK is (Foreign Firmware ?)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Data Security kit. When you install on one of these units before you install the firmware it will only boot to the cn screen. That's why I was wondering. Does it boot to the CN screen with the original board in?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Data Security kit. When you install on one of these units before you install the firmware it will only boot to the cn screen. That's why I was wondering. Does it boot to the CN screen with the original board in?
    We Couldn't tell, The control panel wasn't working... The machine operated for 4 months prior to breaking
    Here was the workflow...
    Initial service call- On power up the machine was turning off then on then off then on.
    I replaced the Msata board per Sharp tech bulletin regarding power up issues.
    This fixed the Power on and off issue but the Control panel was not working and the diagnostic lights on the LED were not on as per tech bulletin so I replaced the controller board.
    After replacing the controller the copier came up but only in CN test mode. I tried to install the latest firmware and the machine would not accept the firmware "code error"
    I installed another controller board again the firmware would not install.
    I installed another Msata board again the firmware would not install.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You can check to see if the machine originally had a DSK installed by looking for the extra PWB that would have been installed. Check your Installation Manual for exact locations of the extra PWB and the replacement ROM chip for the DSK. If it is installed, download the firmware for the MX-FR52U and try installing that, instead of the firmware for the MFP

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    You can check to see if the machine originally had a DSK installed by looking for the extra PWB that would have been installed. Check your Installation Manual for exact locations of the extra PWB and the replacement ROM chip for the DSK. If it is installed, download the firmware for the MX-FR52U and try installing that, instead of the firmware for the MFP
    That makes perfect sense... I sure apprecviate your help... That's it... I loaded that firmware and it worked Thanks so much !!!
    Last edited by Doug James; 03-08-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bravos all around!

Technician

For future searching by other members, the specific message is "Code Signing Error". I believe we have the same issue and may have a DSK on it.