Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX-M3570 with fax

Hi All,
    Hoping someone can help me with this as Sharp tech support is down because of the storm. I have a new MXM3570 I'm setting up and testing in shop. It has a fax installed. When I hit the Easy Scan function it goes straight to the Easy Fax screen even though it has it's own Easy Fax tile. I remember the first MX3070 I ever set up did sort of the same thing but it did it when I hit the regular email or network folder scan etc. tiles. It would after a bit of time (couple 3 seconds) go to the right screen, but this one just stays on Easy Fax screen. I set the image send default to email but made no difference. One other thing, when the screen first comes up it says telephone mode then goes away. I remember it did that on m the MX machine also. It seem to have just stop happening on the MX machine. Curious if anyone else has had this happen and if there is a remedy. Thanks Paul

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M3570 with fax

Re: MX-M3570 with fax

Hi,
    I had a similar issue.
    Do you have a telephone in line with fax module?
    If so, check if it's on hook, because when Line is on hook, you can't even Scan, Machine receive low voltage in telephone line and engage fax and not scanning.
    I couldn't find any solution than disconnecting phone.

Thanks

Vincenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Hi All,
    Hoping someone can help me with this as Sharp tech support is down because of the storm. I have a new MXM3570 I'm setting up and testing in shop. It has a fax installed. When I hit the Easy Scan function it goes straight to the Easy Fax screen even though it has it's own Easy Fax tile. I remember the first MX3070 I ever set up did sort of the same thing but it did it when I hit the regular email or network folder scan etc. tiles. It would after a bit of time (couple 3 seconds) go to the right screen, but this one just stays on Easy Fax screen. I set the image send default to email but made no difference. One other thing, when the screen first comes up it says telephone mode then goes away. I remember it did that on m the MX machine also. It seem to have just stop happening on the MX machine. Curious if anyone else has had this happen and if there is a remedy. Thanks Paul
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-M3570 with fax

In regards to scanning while faxing, Sharp has let our company know of a soft switch to change to allow it to scan while faxing, to prevent that exact problem, which in turn allows better productivity for our customers:

Sim 66-01, soft switch 114, change bit 8 to a "0."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M3570 with fax

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith46 View Post
    In regards to scanning while faxing, Sharp has let our company know of a soft switch to change to allow it to scan while faxing, to prevent that exact problem, which in turn allows better productivity for our customers:

Sim 66-01, soft switch 114, change bit 8 to a "0."
    Well, this actually disable telephone output, it's a workaround, better than nothing.
    Thank you.
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....