Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-7040 blank line problem

Hello, this machine,only in cyan has what seems to be a repeating pattern of blank lines going across the page. the pattern does not start at the same place on each copy. I swapped drum units,stayed with the cyan. It does this with copies or prints. The drum drive feels smooth, It does not seem to be the developer unit because the line spacing is wider than the diameter of the mag roller.The samples i am attaching are from the cyan self print and sky shots.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MX-7040 blank line problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Hello, this machine,only in cyan has what seems to be a repeating pattern of blank lines going across the page. the pattern does not start at the same place on each copy. I swapped drum units,stayed with the cyan. It does this with copies or prints. The drum drive feels smooth, It does not seem to be the developer unit because the line spacing is wider than the diameter of the mag roller.The samples i am attaching are from the cyan self print and sky shots.
    you say you don't think it's the developer for the cyan.... but REALLY what is left in the cyan image process? it it were transfer you'd have it on the other colors... laser? not likely.

the thing you DIDN'T mention is the life count on the consumables.... did you pull them all and clean all contacts and inspect all drive sections?

so lil information that is needed for diag!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well it didnt seem like a developer problem because the line spacing and repeating pattern didnt seem to match the mag roller. I was thinking possibly the laser. I went back there this morning with parts from another machine and since the developer was the easiest to change I did that first. That was the problem. Glad I started there first.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Well it didnt seem like a developer problem because the line spacing and repeating pattern didnt seem to match the mag roller. I was thinking possibly the laser. I went back there this morning with parts from another machine and since the developer was the easiest to change I did that first. That was the problem. Glad I started there first.
    frankly didn't look like anything but a dev unit problem to me ... glad it worked out for ya.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The developing roller rotates at a different speed than the paper feed rate, so the interval does not match the circumference of the mag roller. The latent image on the cyan drum is blurred (a compression darker followed by an expansion lighter). If you were to disassemble the cyan developing unit, I think that you'd find either a few gear teeth missing or packed with developer or a seized bearing, making part of the rotation more difficult. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=