Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Thumbs up Scan to E-mail, selected servers not found.

Problem is solved. For techs in the future who have similar issues.

Delivered a copier today. When I started to set up the SMTP settings for our client, I made sure my primary server settings are fine, that the DNS settings also match that in the Command Prompt > IPCONFIG. Clicking execute, gives me the "SMTP server test succeeded". Before I even go the copy machine, I always test by going to e-mail alerts, putting my e-mail and click send to make sure I get the e-mail, and I did. Later I go to training and to my dismay when I e-mail a user it gave me the "Selected servers not found".

Now some of you may be wondering, "Wait... how can that be? The test succeeded AND you got the e-mail alert so FOR SURE it should not have failed". Well good sir! That's a fantastic point.

By experience this message is done by 4 things.
    1. Firewalls in router.
    2. Port settings in copier.
    3. Incorrect SMTP Primary Server settings.
    4. Incorrect DNS settings.

Ruled out the first three quickly. Leaves me the DNS, well thank God for Google, whose DNS is now... public.

Changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Google.com for domain, and worked like a charm.

Now you might ask, "But... how did you get the e-mail alert? and somehow get a server error on the machine?" I don't know. But hey! If you do, let me know.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to E-mail, selected servers not found.

Re: Scan to E-mail, selected servers not found.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Ruled out the first three quickly. Leaves me the DNS, well thank God for Google, whose DNS is now... public.

Changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Google.com for domain, and worked like a charm.

Now you might ask, "But... how did you get the e-mail alert? and somehow get a server error on the machine?" I don't know. But hey! If you do, let me know.

We've been using the google DNS for awhile now. Works well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to E-mail, selected servers not found.

Re: Scan to E-mail, selected servers not found.

Just do not change your password to your email, otherwise, it will stop receiving, you will have to either change it back to the original password, or go to every copier and put in the new email password.