Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Lubrication powders and liquids question.

Interesting question that I am hoping I'm not out of my mind on. Kynar powder is what I was "told" was the best way to lubricate blades, drums and transfer belts. Now I am hearing that there's actually three different chemicals to use instead of just the one. That Kynar is specifically for selenium drums. And the other question I had is in regards to greasing or lubricating bushings. Synthetic is what I was originally recommended but I am beginning to wonder if that was accurate or not as well.

Re: Lubrication powders and liquids question.

For drums and blades i use yellow toner.
    Generally bushings and bearings should not be lubricated, unless the manual instructs you to.
    Wheel bearing grease works well, cant find whale fat anywhere.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I use toner to coat cleaning blades, drum or transfer belt blades. Why not use toner that is going to lubricate blades anyway. Bad enough breathing in toner everyday when working on these machines, don't need to breathe any other powders with it!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-15-2018 at 10:06 PM.

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    See attached
    Similar list as the one I was looking at (which of course now I can't find). Their verbage has me curious though, starting? Can it be used to straighten out issues with blades, seals and drums? Or is it for new parts only? Sorry if that is kind of a dumb question but up until now kynar powder was all I had to work with.

Sidenote: Not poking fun but there is a certain amount of irony in talking to another forum member named Spanky about lubricants. *shrugs* Just sayin.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    Similar list as the one I was looking at (which of course now I can't find). Their verbage has me curious though, starting? Can it be used to straighten out issues with blades, seals and drums? Or is it for new parts only? Sorry if that is kind of a dumb question but up until now kynar powder was all I had to work with.

Sidenote: Not poking fun but there is a certain amount of irony in talking to another forum member named Spanky about lubricants. *shrugs* Just sayin.
    There are a lot of problems with blades (Like in the B402SCs) that was quickly solved with the yellow toner. Techs went crazy with joy with that powder, and went powder crazy with it. Same thing with side seals and drums for both new parts and PM kits.

That bulletin Spanky posted supersedes any of your habits, anything said in previous bulletins and service manuals. Some require kynar powder first, then yellow toner on top. Some require side seal powder in addition to the stearic acid. It's all explained in there, and I have that bulletin printed and kept in my ClipBoard at all times.