Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-c312 prints light on left side

Thus far I have seen an f2-45 trouble code but that registered about two weeks ago. I have swapped the drum and dv assemblies. Cleaned the lsu, checked shutters, checked fuser which was recently replaced and tried calibrating a few things. No change in any of the listed items effected the lightened side. My dislike of the c line from sharp is becoming more pronounced the more I have to deal with them.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Mx-c312 prints light on left side

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    Thus far I have seen an f2-45 trouble code but that registered about two weeks ago. I have swapped the drum and dv assemblies. Cleaned the lsu, checked shutters, checked fuser which was recently replaced and tried calibrating a few things. No change in any of the listed items effected the lightened side. My dislike of the c line from sharp is becoming more pronounced the more I have to deal with them.
    Got Scan Samples?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If the LSU shutters are opening ok and the unit is clean, then I would check the secondary transfer roller assembly. I've seen where those springs get worn out and do not provide equal pressure to the page as it passes by the primary belt. You should be able to take off the secondary unit and stretch the springs out a little. I would also check the primary belt unit.

Hope this helps!
    Dustin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, Ive been trying to upload the file since 7 am this morning but no dice. It's the K side of things that's faded. All other systems seem fine. Beginning to think lsu but I dont see anything wrong with it. Going to try cleaning connections and see where that gets me. If that doesn't do it, pulling the lsu. The only other thing that's really changed recently is the fuser, supposedly had a revision due to an error code it was throwing but I don't have that bulletin handy at the moment.
    Last edited by Ratchet2501; 03-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, Ive been trying to upload the file since 7 am this morning but no dice. It's the K side of things that's faded. All other systems seem fine. Beginning to think lsu but I dont see anything wrong with it. Going to try cleaning connections and see where that gets me. If that doesn't do it, pulling the lsu. The only other thing that's really changed recently is the fuser, supposedly had a revision due to an error code it was throwing but I don't have that bulletin handy at the moment.
    I would bet a bad Primary Transfer assembly. I have had this issue a many of times.
    Replace and you should be good.

Technician

First question I have, is have you verified the image on the primary transfer belt is good? Also do not start to pull the springs longer first. I suggest to look at the are front and rear that move the secondary belt in and out, and make sure that are clean, and move freely. If that does not work, then maybe the secondary. Just seems to me that more trouble shooting should be performed before you wast money and time is just replacing parts.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

If you have another fuser, try replacing that - if no fuser available, check that the front and rear 'nip' are the same.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The fuser was replaced recently but forgive my lack of copier experience but that doesn't seem like it would affect a single color without all four going to crap. Secondary transfer system is a sponge roller which seemed fine as far as movement and such. I am really thinking it's a bad connection but I have reseated the dv and drum (drum recently replaced) assemblies with no difference whatsoever.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

The fuser was replaced recently but forgive my lack of copier experience but that doesn't seem like it would affect a single color without all four going to crap. Secondary transfer system is a sponge roller which seemed fine as far as movement and such. I am really thinking it's a bad connection but I have reseated the dv and drum (drum recently replaced) assemblies with no difference whatsoever.
    Sorry, I mis-interpreted the symptoms you described. If only the black is affected, than most likely the LSU and/or the shutter is causing the trouble.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Check the black pressure roller on the transfer belt. Without seeing the image issue, it sounds potentially like an issue that I had where one side of the pressure roller got knocked out of its slot causing that side to not add any toner to the pages.