Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

G-mail scan issue on MX-3100 N

I have a G-mail account I use fro testing equipment and reporting meters for customers who don't scan to e-mail.
    Yesterday I started having an issue. If I scan a file to my corporate account e-mail the scan never appears in outlook not in inbox or spam folder. If I send a scan to my Yahoo account it arrives almost immediately. I can see the scans in the sent folder in my google account but they don't get to my corporate account. I can send an email from my Gmail account & it gets to my corporate email inbox. I am pulling out my hair & don't have much to pull. Any insight & help is appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    G-mail scan issue on MX-3100 N

Re: G-mail scan issue on MX-3100 N

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    I have a G-mail account I use fro testing equipment and reporting meters for customers who don't scan to e-mail.
    Yesterday I started having an issue. If I scan a file to my corporate account e-mail the scan never appears in outlook not in inbox or spam folder. If I send a scan to my Yahoo account it arrives almost immediately. I can see the scans in the sent folder in my google account but they don't get to my corporate account. I can send an email from my Gmail account & it gets to my corporate email inbox. I am pulling out my hair & don't have much to pull. Any insight & help is appreciated.

You didn't accidentally put that Gmail address on "Blacklist" in your corporate account, did you??....LOL!!

...I've seen that happen.

You corp account is thinking its spam and blocking it. Most likely A MS update to the email filter. Have your IT check the setting of add your address as trusted.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Arrow Re: G-mail scan issue on MX-3100 N

Ah snap lol.

Had the exact same problem today messing around and testing a old MX-5101 in the workshop with gmail.
    It would send a status page successfully, and it would show up in the gmail sent items, but it never made it to my corporate Office365 account.

By chance I hit send again few hours later and it worked fine, so maybe gmail was having issues. :S

The free gmail accounts do have some restrictions and raft of junk and spam background checks going on, it certainly wouldn't be my first SMTP relay of choice to use.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You corp account is thinking its spam and blocking it. Most likely A MS update to the email filter. Have your IT check the setting of add your address as trusted.
    I don't think that is the issue because I can send an e-mail from that account to my company e-mail and there is nothing in my spam folder.

I am guessing google is having some issues

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

Office 365 mail server??

Quote Originally Posted by harps05 View Post
    Office 365 mail server??
    Outlook not office 365. Birch has a site I can go to that shows what comes in without interacting with Outlook and it is not there either.