Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-3050 F2-78 and "sensor calibration fr 06"

I have a bit of a troublemaker on my hands. I'll start with the short story hoping to get to the next step I can provide the LONG history tomorrow. It's almost 5pm and I am hoping to get some responses for the morning.

Started as an F2-78 that kept popping up. I have checked all the bulletins/tech tips/this site and nothing seems to help.

Troubleshooting led me to 5-22 and I get "sensor calibration fr 06". I cannot find anything on this error or any push in any direction.

Any thoughts? It's a new machine that had some issues from the start that I can dig into later. Thanks for any quick suggestions to get me "over the hump"

Re: MX-3050 F2-78 and "sensor calibration fr 06"

Run a sky shot for each color and black to verify you don't have a problem with one of them.

If they look good then clean the image density sensors that look down on the top of the transfer belt.

Be sure the transfer belt is cleaned properly by the cleaning blade and not leaving any lines.

If this is all good I would replace the transfer belt.

After this rerun the 50-22.

If that still fails go to sim 50-10 and reset the black data to factory settings, then go to sim 50-20 and reset the color data to factory settings.

Rerun sim 50-22.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Run a sky shot for each color and black to verify you don't have a problem with one of them.

If they look good then clean the image density sensors that look down on the top of the transfer belt.

Be sure the transfer belt is cleaned properly by the cleaning blade and not leaving any lines.

If this is all good I would replace the transfer belt.

After this rerun the 50-22.

If that still fails go to sim 50-10 and reset the black data to factory settings, then go to sim 50-20 and reset the color data to factory settings.

Rerun sim 50-22.
    Thank you so much.... I'm going to try some of this for sure when I get back to the office. I did replace those sensors {cleaned them prior as well} but no change. I also tried a new primary transfer.

I didn't do so shots, but I've run many things through it that look great. Sharp Color eagle and other test prints.... Etc. Everything looks fantastic

I don't think I did the sims 50-10 and 50-20 though. That may be the piece I was missing. I'll update soon, hopefully

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Run SIM 46-74 and see if it fails with a DATA_SUB type error. If so, there are 2 retrofitted pressure springs that need to be replaced. The new machine IT belt are very poorly designed (no rubber edges inside the belt and no collars on the drive rollers). Original springs are so flimsy, the internal rollers will turn while the belt remains still. Original springs have 1 coil on each end, the retrofitted one have 2 coils on each end.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Run SIM 46-74 and see if it fails with a DATA_SUB type error. If so, there are 2 retrofitted pressure springs that need to be replaced. The new machine IT belt are very poorly designed (no rubber edges inside the belt and no collars on the drive rollers). Original springs are so flimsy, the internal rollers will turn while the belt remains still. Original springs have 1 coil on each end, the retrofitted one have 2 coils on each end.

I believe that fails with a different error. Let me run and check....

**yeah, that one is the one that just says "procon ececuting..." and just hangs up there.

I did get it to print the the first patterns and read the print, but it hung up on the 2nd set without completing it.

**EDIT # 2

I just ran it again. It runs the copy bars fine, I place on the glass with 5 sheets of paper and it reads and prints out the boxes and says Confirm the adjusted patch and press ok. I hit ok and it prints the Printer portion of the bars and I scan with the extra paper and it reads it and says Confirm the adjusted patch and press ok.... then it just goes into a loop and doesn't ever finalize, just keeps saying "Confirm the adjusted patch and press ok", I hit ok and it says "Now registering the new target halftone procon, then Confirm the adjusted patch and press and Now registering the new target halftone procon ....wash rinse repeat.
    Last edited by RascalMJ; 03-30-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

That got me thinking, so I went into 46-24 separately to test how it went.

Basically the same thing, it will print the bars, scan and print the boxes and say it is going to adjust, but never does, just loops into that message over and over.

67-24 does the exact same thing. MAybe some kind of memory problem trying to save the adjusted values?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tried replacing the PCU and MFP boards, but still the same symptoms. Many of the sims just give an error of "other". 50-22 gives "sensor calibration f 04 (or 06).

I am running out of ideas. Is there a way to check and verify the 2 sensors (REGS_F/PCS_F
    REGS_R/PCS_R) on top of the primary transfer are working?

44-6 engine half tone comes up "cl_sen_adj". I have looked everywhere for help, but most things point to an older cal style with the jig to solve, or a sim that is not in this model....etc. (troubleshooting has included replacing these sensors and the boards above....etc).

Also, for what it is worth, the system prints beautifully. Sharp color Eagle and various other files we use to WOW customers...etc. I just can't get the F2-78 to clear for long, and as mentioned several sims error out...etc
    Last edited by RascalMJ; 05-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RascalMJ View Post
    Tried replacing the PCU and MFP boards, but still the same symptoms. Many of the sims just give an error of "other". 50-22 gives "sensor calibration f 04 (or 06).

I am running out of ideas. Is there a way to check and verify the 2 sensors (REGS_F/PCS_F
    REGS_R/PCS_R) on top of the primary transfer are working?

44-6 engine half tone comes up "cl_sen_adj". I have looked everywhere for help, but most things point to an older cal style with the jig to solve, or a sim that is not in this model....etc. (troubleshooting has included replacing these sensors and the boards above....etc).

Also, for what it is worth, the system prints beautifully. Sharp color Eagle and various other files we use to WOW customers...etc. I just can't get the F2-78 to clear for long, and as mentioned several sims error out...etc
    I had this issue twice, once with a MX-2610N & MX-5111N. Both times, I resolved the issue by cleaning the image registration/density sensors, then performing sims 44-2 & 46-74. (See page 9-27 in MX-3050N-4070N service manual.)

Also, confirm that the sensor shutter is operating properly. Hope this helps.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

I hate to be that guy, but surely you've tried replacing the registration density sensor? From the manual "If the error cannot be fixed, replace the image sensor
    exclusive for registration."
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but surely you've tried replacing the registration density sensor? From the manual "If the error cannot be fixed, replace the image sensor
    exclusive for registration."
    Unless I'm missing something... Which is certain and likely the case. We have replaced the 2 sensors I am aware of for registration that rest above the primary transfer, one in the front and one in the rear.

REGS_F/PCS_F
    REGS_R/PCS_R

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk