Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MX-3050 F2-78 and "sensor calibration fr 06"

Re: MX-3050 F2-78 and "sensor calibration fr 06"

Quote Originally Posted by RascalMJ View Post
    Unless I'm missing something... Which is certain and likely the case. We have replaced the 2 sensors I am aware of for registration that rest above the primary transfer, one in the front and one in the rear.

REGS_F/PCS_F
    REGS_R/PCS_R

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    I just had to bring it up. I scanned this a few times to make sure it hadn't already been mentioned before I said something.

Your errors point more specifically to the front sensor. Have you checked your harness to ensure all pins are getting proper contact with the sensor? I've had some bad ribbon cables in these machines from the factory.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I just had to bring it up. I scanned this a few times to make sure it hadn't already been mentioned before I said something.

Your errors point more specifically to the front sensor. Have you checked your harness to ensure all pins are getting proper contact with the sensor? I've had some bad ribbon cables in these machines from the factory.

No, I appreciate it greatly. I'm still learning so I learn a lot from this board and people pointing out the obvious sometimes. Ha

I just told my office manager today I was out of ideas except possibly the wires\plug... Etc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the sensor target values for each color in sim 44-24, the values should generally decrease in value as the patch number gets higher. Messed up values ie.. K patch 13 is reading 100 when it should be in the 20-s to 30's will cause calibs to fail. if the values are out of whack I believe 44-21 will write new values. I had a mxm465 go double density on prts and copies, would also fail calibs, this fixed it for me.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman4life View Post
    Check the sensor target values for each color in sim 44-24, the values should generally decrease in value as the patch number gets higher. Messed up values ie.. K patch 13 is reading 100 when it should be in the 20-s to 30's will cause calibs to fail. if the values are out of whack I believe 44-21 will write new values. I had a mxm465 go double density on prts and copies, would also fail calibs, this fixed it for me.
    Awesome. Thanks. I'll have to verify. I think I tried that sim\clear the values but I'll check the values and try to clear as you suggest when I get in front of this machine again

I faced similar issues on older models. What has worked for me is cleaning both image registration / density sensors, reset all settings to default values in sims 50-10 & 50-20, & verify the sensor shutters are operating properly & freely (had an issue with one of them not opening completely). Then run sims 46-74 & 50-22. Good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman4life View Post
    These all check out fine. Thanks though

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

out of curiosity, did you update the firmware? I have had a couple of these machines go into that loop or just lock up when running 46-74, updated the firmware and went through the calibration process again, and all was well

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    out of curiosity, did you update the firmware? I have had a couple of these machines go into that loop or just lock up when running 46-74, updated the firmware and went through the calibration process again, and all was well
    I did when the problems first started, but I'll certainly look again and\or re flash the firmware.... It's worth a shot

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did when the problems first started, but I'll certainly look again and\or re flash the firmware.... It's worth a shot

System currently has the latest firmware. I re-flashed just to make sure, but I'm not overly excited about the outcome once I get to testing.

copierman 250+ Posts

System currently has the latest firmware. I re-flashed just to make sure, but I'm not overly excited about the outcome once I get to testing.
    Bit late to the party but what was the outcome??
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential