Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Royal Imaging Toner experience?

I dont think it is a good idea but my company is going to be switching to Royal Imaging BK and Color toner because of the cost savings. Does anyone out there have any experience with this company and thier toner? Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Royal Imaging Toner experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I don't think it is a good idea but my company is going to be switching to Royal Imaging BK and Color toner because of the cost savings. Does anyone out there have any experience with this company and their toner? Thanks
    for what machines?

typically color toners that are third party cause LOTS OF PROBLEMS!

but they are the bosses.. you are the tech. YOU will be the ones to catch shit from the customers due to the change.

noticing the printer boxes... I know the NCDHHS used them and dropped them in a heart beat

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I dont think it is a good idea but my company is going to be switching to Royal Imaging BK and Color toner because of the cost savings. Does anyone out there have any experience with this company and thier toner? Thanks
    Since toner cost is built into the cost per copy (i.e. customer pays), I wonder if your company is saving money or charging the same and pocketing the difference.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Basically we work mainly on Sharp and Toshiba so the toner would be for all models we have out.

Technician

In my young career in this business, I haven't seen anything good come out of 3rd party toners. Developer units destroyed, drum and transfer belts going bad well before their time. IDK the price savings or if Royal image is an actual good quality 3rd party toner company, but is the savings worth the potential increase in labor and parts cost?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When courting new accounts we see if their current vendor uses generics and use it against them

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We only use generic color on machines close to us in extreme cases. Black, no big deal...but all generics dust more than the OEM so be prepared to clean up a lot more often.
    AND...the main charge units will attract more contamination, possible causing the drum to suck all your precious color DV from the unit(s).

And if the developer and drums are worn...only use OEM toner.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Company I work used OEM toner for close to 2 decades, but 2 years ago we had a trial run on KATUN toners for some clients of low volume use, we didn't notice any unusual increase in IQ calls. Then some time last year we've sent these NO-OEM toners to all low volume and some mid volume use machines. So far I haven't seen any REAL difference... yet...

As of now, most of the clients in my territory are using Katun. I'm somewhat surprised that the machines are doing well. I don't know if that is a testament to KATUN, or SHARP Corp.

Only time will tell.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Company I work used OEM toner for close to 2 decades, but 2 years ago we had a trial run on KATUN toners for some clients of low volume use, we didn't notice any unusual increase in IQ calls. Then some time last year we've sent these NO-OEM toners to all low volume and some mid volume use machines. So far I haven't seen any REAL difference... yet...

As of now, most of the clients in my territory are using Katun. I'm somewhat surprised that the machines are doing well. I don't know if that is a testament to KATUN, or SHARP Corp.

Only time will tell.
    Katun works kind of OK with MX23GTXA and MX36GTXA

Dont try them for the MX51GTXA, MX560GT, MX500GT, MX312GT MX315GT,...

Lots of problems, errors, dvboxes stalling/breaking, dvboxes pulled empty, drums going bad, quality issues,...

Looked for the cause of these problems for a long time, and finally were all related to the Katun toners.

So good luck with that

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toner Boy View Post
    We only use generic color on machines close to us in extreme cases. Black, no big deal...but all generics dust more than the OEM so be prepared to clean up a lot more often.
    AND...the main charge units will attract more contamination, possible causing the drum to suck all your precious color DV from the unit(s).

And if the developer and drums are worn...only use OEM toner.
    couldn't agree more...see previous post