Thread: mx-3070n

Technician

mx-3070n

How do you clone a msata chip?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: mx-3070n

Sharp MX-M365N Corrupt SD Card

Here is the link for program and guidelines. Pretty straight forward. You will need a good mSATA to start with and you can save the file to your computer. Then rewrite as many as you need. mSATA are series specific by this I mean you can not take a MX3570 chip out and put it in a MX5070, it will not work without writing the correct firmware, but you can rewrite the MX3550 with a 5070 information and it will work just fine. Interestingly you can take a 4070 chip out and use it in a 6070 with no problems even thought they are listed as different part numbers. Be sure to do a firmware update as soon as you replace the chip.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had a clone go bad and I have a little bit of a problem with a MX-3070v. Something must have been corrupt the first time that I tried it. The copier boots up and I can make copies but I cannot get to the web page, If I push settings on display it just says please wait. the copier is on dhcp but I can not log into it.

When I first booted the machine it came up with a U2 60 which is watermark I tried updating firmware and machine said that I had a bad file

I down loaded a new file and tried updating one file at a time Machine would not reboot after that. I now have the copier up but I cant get to web page or any of the settings. I can get to simulation In firm ware top bundle 000000 and bottom bundle is 000000

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lenovos View Post
    I had a clone go bad and I have a little bit of a problem with a MX-3070v. Something must have been corrupt the first time that I tried it. The copier boots up and I can make copies but I cannot get to the web page, If I push settings on display it just says please wait. the copier is on dhcp but I can not log into it.

When I first booted the machine it came up with a U2 60 which is watermark I tried updating firmware and machine said that I had a bad file

I down loaded a new file and tried updating one file at a time Machine would not reboot after that. I now have the copier up but I cant get to web page or any of the settings. I can get to simulation In firm ware top bundle 000000 and bottom bundle is 000000

Thanks
    Replace the hard drive. Just had similar issue today u2-05 and e7-93, unable to go into settings, print 22-6 or login to webpage (said invalid password). After hdd changed password and everything else worked again.

Not sure about your firmware issue since that is stored on the SSD I think. Could try emergency firmware update with dip switch on board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts DAKOTADAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lenovos View Post

Thanks
    Download the most current firmware from Sharp and do a CN firmware update on your machine, this type of download has fixed some really
    goofy problems for our service Techs,. Good luck Dan,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Update reformatting hard drive solved most of the problems. can now print and use settings on display.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAKOTADAN View Post
    Download the most current firmware from Sharp and do a CN firmware update on your machine, this type of download has fixed some really
    goofy problems for our service Techs,. Good luck Dan,

Tried that and did not help. A friend suggested swapping hard drives and that solved most of the problem. Everything seems to work but it still says bundle 000000000000 under firmware version. next to serial number.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts DAKOTADAN's Avatar

I have seen a firmware up date give all zeros on a upgrade, and it took 2 more CN update tries to get it to upload all of the package, I also should
    mention that anytime you upgrade firmware, I unhook the network and fax cables, and never open any doors on the machine while the up grade
    is loading. It may give errors on the upgrade at the end.
    Also since I am getting old and forgetful, I put my car keys on top of the network cable so I can't leave with out plugging the cables back in.