Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Question Sharp MX-565N & Mobile hotspots

I dont like connecting equipment wirelessly because of dropped signals and password changes but now I have a salesman that wants us to connect via a Mobile hotspot. I have never had a need to use one and I am a bit ignorant as to whether it is possible to connect a MX-M565 to a hotspot.
    any help & guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-565N & Mobile hotspots

Same response as the connectivity forum.

"Its fine. I'm not sure why he would, but I've done it before when i was testing wireless settings under different security set ups.

The question is, for what purpose?

For example. If its to print to machine, it will be easier and more reliable to turn the mfp to access point mode, and use your mobile device to connect to the machine. Rather the machine to connect to the mobile device. "

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-565N & Mobile hotspots

We have connected to a wireless hotspot before but from a non wireless machine. We connected the machine to a wireless acess point bridge.The machine was in a job trailer so thats all they had was a hotspot. I am not sure but I think you could connect with the 565

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    We have connected to a wireless hotspot before but from a non wireless machine. We connected the machine to a wireless acess point bridge.The machine was in a job trailer so thats all they had was a hotspot. I am not sure but I think you could connect with the 565

wireless settings - infrastructure mode - connect to the AP

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would recommend not connecting directly to a hot spot. I have done this in the past and 2 things happen. First the hotspots usually have a connection timeout to save battery and sometimes they don't reconnect when needed requiring a power cycle of the hotspot. Second thing is that they cannot handle many connections or high usage and will result in the hotspot freezing. When I am presented with a construction trailer or mobile or isolated site type scenario I usually go to cradlepoint router and a 4g LTE usb modem. Those routers are a real router and work just like a wired connection from the copier setup standpoint and network standpoint. I would advise going that route.