Unable to get past User Control

I have a MX-M465N (no DSK) that the EU activated "user authentication" then the person who set it up left and no one knows the user authentication name or password. This comes up on screen at boot and will not let me past it to the admin login. Additionally, if I try to use the web interface it still wants the user authentication password. I reset the admin password using the dip switch and when that didn't work I replaced the MFP PWB, reloaded firmware and rest admin password on the newer MFP PWB but still cannot get past user authentication. To make matters worse it will not print anything when in simulation mode. I am stumped as to where this user authentication information is stored. I am thinking PCU PWB? What you think guys?

Technician

Re: Unable to get past User Control

The reason replacing the MFP did not work, and doing the PCU won't work, is because the information is on the EEPROM's. If you can get onto the web page, then see if you can get to the service web page. You may be able to turn off the user Auth from there. If that does not work, then call Sharp help desk.Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Unable to get past User Control

Seen this happen enough times now where a reset of admin password doesn't work.

Thank God the solution is simple, delete document filing data in sim after the admin password reset. I don't know why, not sure how, but it works.

Good luck. Unable to get past User Control

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk