Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

sharp 450 2 sided problem

have a machine that displays " B/W SCANNER MODULE/DSPF is out of service " when you try 2-2 coping. We had one last week that did this and we swaped scanner unit to solve problem but when we took unit to shop it worked fine. got another call today with same problem on a different machine at a different location. went and reset all plugins but no help. swapped scanner board and it worked for a few copies and put covers on and problem came back. any body have a clue where to look? I'm thinking a wireing problem but was hoping some of you guys might have simple fix

Technician 250+ Posts
    Replace the harness on the EF1 feeder. I have seen this a few times. The harness gets shorted. Sometimes causing the problem you are having and sometimes it causes the CIS to read black and white reversed.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    sharp 450 2 sided problem

Yeah, that SPF harnass can cause some seriously wierd problems. I had one that would make copies 70% in the feed direction & 310% in the crossfeed direction only through the SPF.

On another SPF when duplexing only would scramble the pixels of ~5% of the image of pg 2, then have the same scrambled pixels appeared negative on pg 4. It looked like a fax that had a lot of noise on the line.

You are right though. It's usually the scanner connector to the MFP that causes this. A thing to be careful of is that the metal bottom pan of the scanner can flex quite a bit. If you lift just below the scanner board it will short out the solder joints on the scanner board to the bottom pan. Any time I have to take out the scanner board, I attach a transparency to the metal pan to insulate the board from the metal. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtech View Post
    Replace the harness on the EF1 feeder. I have seen this a few times. The harness gets shorted. Sometimes causing the problem you are having and sometimes it causes the CIS to read black and white reversed.
    This is absolutely correct, SHARP has a bulletin out on this as well, there is a tie strap, that on most of the original models was to tight on the Harness cable causing it to short out had about 30 of these we had to change and they will cause all types of of small miscellanious errors, 2-2 copying, noise showing in the copies, turning copies sideways etc, as soon as the you start seeing little issues like that suspect the harness attched is the TEch bulletin for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Thanks for the info
    jp