MX-3570N Prints are grainy, need advice please

Having an issue with a MX-3570, it has grainy prints. It's not absolutely terrible but the machine produces a worse image than all my other used machines. It only has 133k black/white, and 80k color total, it has had a Black & Yellow drum and charge kit, and a secondary transfer roller as well. Nothing is due for replacement so I'm curious why I don't have badass images. I have also ran all calibrations in order, 44-2, 50-22, 44-6,44-26, & 46-74. Any advice helps please and thank you.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MX-3570N Prints are grainy, need advice please

Quote Originally Posted by J THUGGA View Post
    Having an issue with a MX-3570, it has grainy prints. It's not absolutely terrible but the machine produces a worse image than all my other used machines. It only has 133k black/white, and 80k color total, it has had a Black & Yellow drum and charge kit, and a secondary transfer roller as well. Nothing is due for replacement so I'm curious why I don't have badass images. I have also ran all calibrations in order, 44-2, 50-22, 44-6,44-26, & 46-74. Any advice helps please and thank you.
    now when you say " grainy " do you mean:

the print has a gritty feel to it? ( developer unit )

the print rubs off? ( fuser or too high a density )

the print is "blotchy" but properly fused to the page ( again developer or PCU )

what is the life expectancy of the drums/devs?

20 second google search found this : https://siica.sharpusa.com/portals/0..._4070N_FAQ.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    now when you say " grainy " do you mean:

the print has a gritty feel to it? ( developer unit )

the print rubs off? ( fuser or too high a density )

the print is "blotchy" but properly fused to the page ( again developer or PCU )

what is the life expectancy of the drums/devs?

20 second google search found this : https://siica.sharpusa.com/portals/0..._4070N_FAQ.pdf
    I also tried all drums and charge kits which did not solve, and I mean more along the lines of blotchy as in properly fused to page. Leaning towards primary transfer belt or developer next.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I also tried all drums and charge kits which did not solve, and I mean more along the lines of blotchy as in properly fused to page. Leaning towards primary transfer belt or developer next.
    check the mag roller in the dev unit... if the "brush" looks uneven then either replace powder or whole unit ( you could empty the dev unit and use a scotch brite pad on the metal dev roller and buff it clean )

do a 'stop test' and check image on trans belt.. if it shows problem there ... disassemble and clean foam rollers w/ DRY CLOTH.. also clean any metal tensioning rollers w/ rubber cleaner and dry... also make sure ITB contacts on belt and inside machine are clean and not damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    check the mag roller in the dev unit... if the "brush" looks uneven then either replace powder or whole unit ( you could empty the dev unit and use a scotch brite pad on the metal dev roller and buff it clean )

do a 'stop test' and check image on trans belt.. if it shows problem there ... disassemble and clean foam rollers w/ DRY CLOTH.. also clean any metal tensioning rollers w/ rubber cleaner and dry... also make sure ITB contacts on belt and inside machine are clean and not damaged.
    Update: The graininess is on black and white so i'm going to go with the black developer UNIT since I already tried all the black PCU parts, black developer, primary and secondary belt with no success.

If the problem persists please scan an example for us to see.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Clean F and R procon sensors
    SIM 61-13, clear target, reboot machine
    SIM 61-11 AUTO CALIBRATION, select MIDDLE and scann sheets.
    You can also run LOW and HIGH for more accurate calibration.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

If the issue is only on black and white and not color then typically that would limit it to parts that are only used for B/W and not everything. Since you said that you already rebuilt the black drum which probably wasn't needed id suggest like others have and look at the black developer. My knowledge is limited as I have been at this for only a year but hopefully this helps.

Technician

We had an issue that might be similar when we tried using the MX-608U1 on a slower machine that should have gotten a MX-607U1.

Technician

if the copiers are grainy is the fuser pulling toner off the page ??

as for the fuser belts I now use MX608Fu on all the MX60 range with no problems so far, because as you guys know sharp made the MX607fu belt thicker

there is a very good bulletin out this month regarding COLD & HOT offsetting that is very good for adjusting fuser temp on these machines