Technician

MX-6580 missing pages in scans

Sometimes scans have pages missing. We have turned on page counting for all scans. But sometimes when customer scans a file of x number of physical pages the MFP reports less pages.Cancel and retry scan may report the same thing. Our customer was very observant and watched say 10 physical pages go through the scanner but it may only report 8. Anyone have any ideas. Scanning resolution is 200 X 200. I have tried with preview but it super slowed the scan. This customer sometimes nearly fill the scanner and preview will take much too long.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MX-6580 missing pages in scans

Have you replaced the Paper separation roller? What about torque limiter?what have you done so far?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6580 missing pages in scans

Is skip blank page on? If so maybe adjust the threshold of what machine sees as blank.

Just a thought, have not see this particular problem

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The newest Sharp seems to have this issue on most new ADF, especially the 3070 - 6070 series. I had a machine a few months back that had this issue, it double pulled 3 times after 1000 scans.
    I have had some success with adjusting (increase) the tension on the separation roller spring. Also, the Sharps tend to slow down and act up if they have to "think" while using the ADF. So if exposure it Auto, color is Auto, blank page skip, etc... the machine has to figure out all these things while the page is zipping over a small slit glass. I set my exposure to text/photo, set to color mode, and only use blank page skip if needed.

Additionally, I believe a bulletin came out last or this week regarding the original detect sensors on all Sharps ADFsgoing back 2 generations...

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    The newest Sharp seems to have this issue on most new ADF, especially the 3070 - 6070 series. I had a machine a few months back that had this issue, it double pulled 3 times after 1000 scans.
    I have had some success with adjusting (increase) the tension on the separation roller spring. Also, the Sharps tend to slow down and act up if they have to "think" while using the ADF. So if exposure it Auto, color is Auto, blank page skip, etc... the machine has to figure out all these things while the page is zipping over a small slit glass. I set my exposure to text/photo, set to color mode, and only use blank page skip if needed.

Additionally, I believe a bulletin came out last or this week regarding the original detect sensors on all Sharps ADFsgoing back 2 generations...

Finally someone else has seen the issue. I will try to find the bulletin on the sharp website.

Thanks

Try MX-850DF rollers (its a kit, with the same partnumber)
    We had serveral issues with MX30-5070 feeders, with the 850 roller kit they work great.

Regards