Technician

AR-M355U upgrade to N

Think I know the answer to this but here goes. Customer has U version of AR-M355. Wants to make it networkable. I have a network expansion kit - MX-NSX1- network card, ROMs and HDD that was pulled out of a AR-M455. I need a new product key to make it work in the 355. I know to get a product key in the past you had to have the serial # of the machine you wanted to install the kit in and the application number in order to get the product key. I have the former but don't have the latter. As I said I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask. Is there any way to get a new product key for it since I don't have the application number for this kit?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: AR-M355U upgrade to N

Hi unfortunately the product key is locked To the serial number and model number that it was first register to you would have to purchase the network kit as new and apply for the product key.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M355U upgrade to N

I'm sure that you don't want to hear this, but this machine is way too old to justify this sort of investment, were it possible or not. Just sell then something a decade newer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'm sure that you don't want to hear this, but this machine is way too old to justify this sort of investment, were it possible or not. Just sell then something a decade newer. =^..^=
    That's what Sharp tech support said. lol

Technician

And my bad. It was the AR-P21 kit not the MX-NSX1. Was doing it from memory and got the two confused.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M355U upgrade to N

This is one of those situations where it can go bad quickly. You invest a lot of time and/or money on a very old machine with few or none replacement parts.

So let's say that you are successful today, and bill them say $500 (should be more). The first time it needs an uncommon consumable like say a paper stop assembly ... well you can't get it and the machine is a doorstop. "I just spent $500 only a month ago, and now you're saying it can't be fixed!!! ... blah, blah, blah."
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is one of those situations where it can go bad quickly. You invest a lot of time and/or money on a very old machine with few or none replacement parts.

So let's say that you are successful today, and bill them say $500 (should be more). The first time it needs an uncommon consumable like say a paper stop assembly ... well you can't get it and the machine is a doorstop. "I just spent $500 only a month ago, and now you're saying it can't be fixed!!! ... blah, blah, blah."
    =^..^=
    Or those stupid paper feed couplings in the AR-D28 LCC, or the AR-FN6 FINISHER!! YOU think it would be common, and readily available. But nope, nowhere to be found. We buy these machines already old and destroyed on the cheap, just to be able to strip it of those odd parts that are no longer available. (US Gov has a TON of these machines breaking and in need of repair still).