Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

MX-4110N Factory Reset

Hello Sharp techs -

I am a service tech for a Kyocera dealer. We recently got a Sharp MX-4110N into our office and I wanted to factory reset it before it went back to the leasing company.

I performed a factory reset of the settings but unfortunately it only reset the settings and didn't clear out the job log, address book, etc...

I then performed the setting "Initialize private data/data in machine", which does what I was looking for but apparently locks the machine afterwards?

Would someone be able to PM me instructions to unlock the machine? I assume there's a service mode to do so, but being a Kyocera tech, I don't have a service manual or knowledge on how to get into service mode.

Thank you very much!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MX-4110N Factory Reset

Initializing should not lock the machine, just takes up about 1 hour to format... well everything. Also, when the machine restarts after completion of the format, you have to wait a few minutes (about 5 minutes) for the MFP to print a list of everything the MFP deleted by doing the initialization.

If you mean the password was reset, it should be "admin" lower case.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Initializing should not lock the machine, just takes up about 1 hour to format... well everything. Also, when the machine restarts after completion of the format, you have to wait a few minutes (about 5 minutes) for the MFP to print a list of everything the MFP deleted by doing the initialization.

If you mean the password was reset, it should be "admin" lower case.
    It's weird, according to the OP manual for this machine, it will lock out the copier and you have to contact your dealer to be able to use it again. It even says that on the printout after it's done initializing. However after it got done, I was able to use it just fine even after turning it completely off and back on.

Works for me! Strange, Maybe they put that in the description and on the sheet that prints out to scare end users?

Thank you! Sorry to bother everyone with this non-issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    It's weird, according to the OP manual for this machine, it will lock out the copier and you have to contact your dealer to be able to use it again. It even says that on the printout after it's done initializing. However after it got done, I was able to use it just fine even after turning it completely off and back on.

Works for me! Strange, Maybe they put that in the description and on the sheet that prints out to scare end users?

Thank you! Sorry to bother everyone with this non-issue.
    That's interesting. But i thought just as well that that would be the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Technician

I have done this loads off times when a machines comes back with no problems at all after the machines prints a page telling you that everything is back to oem start up
    did the machine print out the page ?