Thread: Sharp mx m450n

Technician

Sharp mx m450n

Have m450n that has been sitting unused for about 8 months. Turned it on and says "finisher out of service"
    Any help. I mainly service Ricoh products and I am doing this to help a friend.

Thanks,
    Craig

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp mx m450n

Re: Sharp mx m450n

Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post
    Have m450n that has been sitting unused for about 8 months. Turned it on and says "finisher out of service"
    Thanks, Craig
    ok are there any crimped cables going from finisher to unit?

IS the correct finisher attached?

is there any NUMERIC error codes associated?

have you located the service manual?

what else have you done?

Folks ask for help here but hardly EVER supply the information needed... frankly as a TECH.. you've been thru the wringer and should KNOW BY HEART what a phone tech would require from you if you called in for help.

20 second google search http://diagramas.diagramasde.com/otr...EB_14_2007.pdf

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp mx m450n

Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post

Thanks,
    Craig
    Is there a F1-00 code displayed in SIMS; as mentioned, probably loose cable. I've seen the 'female' connector not locked into the frame, and caused a code when finisher cable is pushed into connector.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Also a F1-87 (staple shift motor error) will disable finisher without showing the code, or at least it will show the code briefly then just show finisher out of service after that. You can reset with sim 14. A lot of times this will fix the issue. F1-87 will com back assuming this is an FN6 finisher. If you have the FN6 I would recommend removing it, it's basically a big stapler and not really needed.

Good luck.

Bil

PS If it has been sitting that long without loosening the pressure on the fuser you will have a flat spot and the unit will go thump thump thump if the fuser will even turn. Have had both of these happen.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Also a F1-87 (staple shift motor error) will disable finisher without showing the code, or at least it will show the code briefly then just show finisher out of service after that. You can reset with sim 14. A lot of times this will fix the issue. F1-87 will com back assuming this is an FN6 finisher. If you have the FN6 I would recommend removing it, it's basically a big stapler and not really needed.

Good luck.

Bil

PS If it has been sitting that long without loosening the pressure on the fuser you will have a flat spot and the unit will go thump thump thump if the fuser will even turn. Have had both of these happen.
    Thanks Bil,
    Just curious how to remove this finisher. I noticed opening the front door there was a screw that releases a metal latch. Not sure what else comes off of that finisher any suggestions I would appreciate. and by the way it does not give a numerical code just says finisher out of order. Again I thank you for your help.
    Craig

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

pull out top paper tray. There should be 2 screws at the bottom of the finisher to remove. Remove the screw you saw holding that lever and pull lever out. In the rear there should be 2 L brackets at the bottom of the finisher. Take the rear lower cover off and unplug harness. Lift finisher off and throw in dumpster.

Technician

F1-87 codes are common on this finisher. Guide springs break.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    pull out top paper tray. There should be 2 screws at the bottom of the finisher to remove. Remove the screw you saw holding that lever and pull lever out. In the rear there should be 2 L brackets at the bottom of the finisher. Take the rear lower cover off and unplug harness. Lift finisher off and throw in dumpster.
    I know it's a week since this post, but I have to emphasize how true this comment is.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp mx m450n

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    I know it's a week since this post, but I have to emphasize how true this comment is.
    Lmao... just what I needed on a Monday!