Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX M365 Quality issue.

MX M365 Quality issue.

Good afternoon campers....

I've got an MX M365 that was brought in for a refurb, and I'm having a print quality issue.

The machine only has 46K on it, but the drum was scored and the developer was leaking, so I did a complete rebuild on both. Once I did all of that, the print quality was MUCH improved....all except for some toner marks on the leading edge, but mostly on the TRAILING edge of the document.

Already gone through the image quality troubleshooting steps in the manual, checked the doctor blade and reset the developer (Sim 25-2) after the PM was done, cleared all the maintenance counters

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what to try next?.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX M365 Quality issue.

Re: MX M365 Quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Good afternoon campers....
    I've got an MX M365 that was brought in for a refurb, and I'm having a print quality issue.
    The machine only has 46K on it, but the drum was scored and the developer was leaking, so I did a complete rebuild on both. Once I did all of that, the print quality was MUCH improved....all except for some toner marks on the leading edge, but mostly on the TRAILING edge of the document.
    Already gone through the image quality troubleshooting steps in the manual, checked the doctor blade and reset the developer (Sim 25-2) after the PM was done, cleared all the maintenance counters
    Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what to try next?.
    how much toner is on the edge?

can you post pics?

could it be toner left in the paper path and is collecting on the edge?

MX M365 Quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    how much toner is on the edge?

can you post pics?

could it be toner left in the paper path and is collecting on the edge?

I'll have to get over to the warehouse and get photos...but I will post some.

It COULD be toner in the path...but I'm wondering how/why it would be collecting there. Is it possible the dev UNIT might be shot?

MX M365 Quality issue.

If the mag roller had caked developer it should be replaced. There was an updated unit for quality issues.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX M365 Quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I'll have to get over to the warehouse and get photos...but I will post some.

It COULD be toner in the path...but I'm wondering how/why it would be collecting there. Is it possible the dev UNIT might be shot?
    sure anything is possible ... but with what you have done... I would clean out the paper path... with Dev powder spilling it could be holding in some remote areas.

MX M365 Quality issue.

OK... here are the photos of the image quality problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MX M365 Quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    sure anything is possible ... but with what you have done... I would clean out the paper path... with Dev powder spilling it could be holding in some remote areas.
    That's one of the first things I do after removing the Drum/Dev/Transfer components..... I've been bitten by that in the past when trying to do a quick "flip" instead of a proper refurb. Awesome suggestion though.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX M365 Quality issue.

That is toner residue left in the paper path. These machines are notorious for that when the seals on the DV and drum units fail. Blow it out. Check the PS (registration) roller as well. Blow out the transfer roller, as that will most likely have quite a bit built up inside as well. Then run several pages through to gather the remaining. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith46 View Post
    That is toner residue left in the paper path. These machines are notorious for that when the seals on the DV and drum units fail. Blow it out. Check the PS (registration) roller as well. Blow out the transfer roller, as that will most likely have quite a bit built up inside as well. Then run several pages through to gather the remaining. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    I second this and one more thing. This machine has always given me DV problems. One big issue was with smudges very similar to the image posted was corrected with a part modification on the DV unit (MFP-TB-1231R). Of which there are a few. From the Doctor blade, seals, removed washer, removed polysliders. I mean, they are terrible DV units.

Be sure to clean the doctor blade really well when doing a PM, if not cleaned correctly, toner can get caught there and toner will fall into the paper.

Good luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

These DV units do fail pretty regular but not at 45K. You can tell when the dV unit is about to fail by the scoring on the mag roller. We only have 10 or 15 of these units but have replaced 3 or 4 DV units in the past year. All at around 600 - 800K.

Good luck.

Bil