Sharp MX 4050- Feeder problem

Hello Guy's and Gal's hope you guy's can help

Have this machine and cust says that feeder does not recognize size nor the paper when they put it on DSPF, wondering if anyone has the SM or atleast if you can scan over the feeder pg to see where sensors are so that I can clean, thanks in advance

Re: Sharp MX 4050- Feeder problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jessetech View Post
    Hello Guy's and Gal's hope you guy's can help

Have this machine and cust says that feeder does not recognize size nor the paper when they put it on DSPF, wondering if anyone has the SM or atleast if you can scan over the feeder pg to see where sensors are so that I can clean, thanks in advance
    Hope this will help.DSPF1.JPGDSPF2.JPG

Thanks boss, this will surely help, bought the manual just a little while ago but i appreciate it and your time, owe you 1

Thumbs up Re: Sharp MX 4050- Feeder problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jessetech View Post
    Thanks boss, this will surely help, bought the manual just a little while ago but i appreciate it and your time, owe you 1
    Welcome.

Technician

I had a similar issue with a DSPF. The width sensor was malfunctioning. It wanted to read A4 paper most of the time. It turned out to be a broken harness at the width sensor connector underneath the tray that raises up. Seems that they made it just too short and a wire broke at the connector. I was able to make the wire connect but later on the others broke also. I finally had to replace the small harness about a foot long. Remove front rear and middle DSPF covers. I think the tray lifts out and the connector I am talking about will be on the right side of that tray. You can also reach the legnth sensors there to swap and test.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bburp View Post
    I had a similar issue with a DSPF. The width sensor was malfunctioning. It wanted to read A4 paper most of the time. It turned out to be a broken harness at the width sensor connector underneath the tray that raises up. Seems that they made it just too short and a wire broke at the connector. I was able to make the wire connect but later on the others broke also. I finally had to replace the small harness about a foot long. Remove front rear and middle DSPF covers. I think the tray lifts out and the connector I am talking about will be on the right side of that tray. You can also reach the legnth sensors there to swap and test.
    I had exactly the same problem a while ago