Thread: mx-m465n

Technician

mx-m465n

is anyone having problems with the sharps mx-m365n,mx-m465n and the mx-m565n where the drum keeps flipping the blade and going into c1-10?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mx-m465n

Re: mx-m465n

I have approx 60 of these machines in a school district and have not see that problem......

Yes, I've seen this quite a few times on those models. Just have to make sure the drum is powdered really well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2565 View Post
    is anyone having problems with the sharps mx-m365n,mx-m465n and the mx-m565n where the drum keeps flipping the blade and going into c1-10?
    Have a lot of this machine but never encountered flipping the blade. maybe you can ask the user how do they use the copier...maybe after they use turning off the machine and use after a couple of days or week . Environment also can contribute, maybe less ventilation, heat from the fuser doesn't push by the fans. Location... Or try to replace the Process unit. Good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mx-m465n

As rufio311 stated, lube the drum quite a bit. I have a lot of these machines in the field, and I have seen that you can not lube the drum too much. They are notorious for flipping blades!
    The Moose is loose!!

Technician

Thumbs up Re: mx-m465n

thanks everyone i've found that the filter in the back of machine gets plugged at about 700,000 to 800,000 copies and isn't drawing all the heat out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mx-m465n

What I have seen is that when you change the MK and install the drum seals, put the blade in first THEN install the seals. When you do the seals first you can install them incorrectly and the blade cant move towards the augar causing flippage. I know this because I flipped 3 blades in a row then changed to blade first then seals and never had one flip ever again.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    mx-m465n

I have seen this countless times on the 465 and 565's. Sometimes the blade flips bad enough that it is wedged against the drum, making it difficult to take the drum out. This is important to pay attention to, as these process units are very cheap and flexible. When they wedge this bad, it torques something in the frame, making future blade flips inevitable. The process unit is not too expensive to replace. Also, we have had success using the blade from a 503mk kit instead of the one in the 560mk kit.

Good luck!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Make sure you are using yellow and 312 steric acid powder on drum AND blade. Clean off old stuff first and use a lot. There is a bulletin on which powders to use fyi.