Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Borås
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Hi,

    I have read on technet that Microsoft will drop support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Office 365. But does it apply to smtp traffic through office 365?
    What i understand will Sharp only release firmware for newer models, like MX-2640 and newer.
    We have a lot of customers that uses office 365 and have older machines...

  2. #2
    Technician HikingAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Quote Originally Posted by remixz95 View Post
    Hi,

    I have read on technet that Microsoft will drop support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Office 365. But does it apply to smtp traffic through office 365?
    What i understand will Sharp only release firmware for newer models, like MX-2640 and newer.
    We have a lot of customers that uses office 365 and have older machines...
    Here's the Sharp Tech Tip:

    TT-051418_1.pdf

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    havokprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Yep the sky falling for me...... 3 calls today. 1 MX-B402SC, 1 MX-M503N, and 1 MX-M623N. Told the customers to setup smtp relay via gmail till the firmware is available.

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Bremen
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    MX-M503N available
    MX-B382SC available
    MX-M623N available on Sharp FTP Server

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Just this minute updated an MX-2640 to the latest firmware Re this issue, and it still won’t scan.

    Is there anything else that needs to be adjusted?

    Calls started to come in today re this issue...

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Quote Originally Posted by tonasis View Post
    Just this minute updated an MX-2640 to the latest firmware Re this issue, and it still won’t scan.

    Is there anything else that needs to be adjusted?

    Calls started to come in today re this issue...
    Make sure you're using the correct port. (587) If that's being blocked, you could try 2525.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Anyone else having trouble with smtp via Office365 since yesterday?

    Seems like a general problem...we have a lot of clients calling in...

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    mansart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP


  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Borås
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    We have had a lot of client calling yesterday and today about scanning problem with Office 365. It's not related to the TLS firmware update.
    We have solved all Office 365 problems of putting the replay adress within < > and change the port to 587.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Office 365 TLS 1.2 and Sharp MFP

    Quote Originally Posted by remixz95 View Post
    We have had a lot of client calling yesterday and today about scanning problem with Office 365. It's not related to the TLS firmware update.
    We have solved all Office 365 problems of putting the replay adress within < > and change the port to 587.

    FW solves the problem for the newer machines.

    Older machines like the MX5112 will not work with the brackets...but i found a solution!

    If you go to "Security Settings" - "SSLsettings" - Level of Encryption: set to HIGH (standard is low)

    This fixed the problem for the MX5112 in our shop.

    Still have to test with other "older" machines, but hoping this will work.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here