Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

mx-5110 cq issue

mx 5110 using black only copies are darker on rear frame side and extremely light on front frame side.
    Cleaned optics, replaced drum unit black, cleaned lsu, replaced blk dv. Copies looked good but only lasted about 3 weeks now the problem is back.
    Machine is level. Color copies not so bad but anything black is pretty washed out. Mach has 250k on it.
    grateful for any ideas.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mx-5110 cq issue

Re: mx-5110 cq issue

Check your black developer unit again. It almost sounds to me like you're getting some developer "dumping" and the Dev unit is half empty.

You said you replaced the BK drum unit...but did you also replace the BK CHARGE unit? Check your rear drum/developer contacts for arcing, and look for developer building up on the rear of the ITB as well.

...it's worth a shot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

cleaning ccd
    change main charger bk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

I agree with Guitar9199. It sounds like the developer is dumping or there is a problem with the DV unit itself. Is the doctor blade set correctly? Also check the transfer unit, make sure it is not binding up when it engages.

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kttyhwk View Post
    mx 5110 using black only copies are darker on rear frame side and extremely light on front frame side.
    Cleaned optics, replaced drum unit black, cleaned lsu, replaced blk dv. Copies looked good but only lasted about 3 weeks now the problem is back.
    Machine is level. Color copies not so bad but anything black is pretty washed out. Mach has 250k on it.
    grateful for any ideas.
    i had this.. did everything and nothing fixed it .. bk pm with new drum charger ,clean lsu, image quality sensors etc. one day i noticed the bk dv was squeaking.. put in new dv unit and it also fixed my light copies. did you try swapping out the dv unit with another one as a test?
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta