Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX 4141 & F2-65

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX 4141 & F2-65

Customer replace their Cyan toner. It ran for a long time then popped a F2-65 code. I have seen these caused by a bad toner ctg. and since she just replaced one I thought that was the most likely cause. I reset machine swapped the toner ctg. and it ran a long time saying it was adding toner and popped the code again. At this time I pulled the Cyan DV unit and looked at the developer. it was full it even looked like it may be too full and too dark. I ran 25-01 and the cyan number was 138 normal is around 128. After resetting it again it of course did the same again this time 25-01 is around 150. I'm pretty sure Cyan toner is being added during toner cycle. Ordered new Cyan DV Unit replaced unit and Cyan DV ran 25-02 it seemed to calibrate OK and ended with a number of 128. Put cyan toner in it ran a long time and coded another F2-65 I looked at drum & don't see any streaks like a bound up cleaning unit would show. The WTC seems pretty full but not overflowing. Service manual shows possible PCU Power Board issue. Any input is appreciated.

Re: MX 4141 & F2-65

Bad toner motor or a blockage in the fill tube.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Bad toner motor or a blockage in the fill tube.
    Thanks I have pulled both and will go back My brain went in reverse on me today and I was thinking Higher toner reference number meant more toner. Obviously taht is wrong. I have had good luck snaking some weed trimmer line up the pipes of other brands. to clear a blockage. But in 5 years playing with modern sharps I never had to clear a toner tube. Thanks for the input.

Check your Firmware update some time it goes off

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Check for a clogged toner tube. Generally you will only get F2-6x errors if value is below 73 or above 200.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There was an firmware update a while back to make the machine less sensitive to toner adding and less prone to present F2 -6X errors. current version is v4.0 If you need firmware message me. Also....using after market toners are hit and miss on these machines. Some work. some dont. Most I have seen have been faulty crum chips and not really an issue with the toner box itself. Another thing to check is how toner is being stored. if you dont store it flat it will cake up and cause it not to feed properly and if the toner motor binds it will throw the same code.