Thread: MX-FN27

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

MX-FN27

Anyone else having problems with these catching and turning the paper almost into a u shape when the paper exits the finisher? All the updated mylars are installed. Firmware is currant. Yes sponge rollers are removed. Tried different paper. It doesn't do it every time just frequent enough to be a issue as it won't staple properly and jams when it does it. I have 2 of them doing it maybe 3. Thanks for any ideas.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-FN27

Re: MX-FN27

Check the upper exit guides. The plastic grooves that the paper rides against can sometimes have burrs in them. The paper doesn't always hit the guide, but when it does, and there is a nick or burr in the path, it will do this exact symptom. I have filed them down to smooth the paper path.

Good luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

I have had this same issue before. I called tech support and they literally told me to reinstall the foam rollers. I did that and it didn't help. I ended up playing with the fuser temp until the curl was gone. that was about a year ago and I haven't been back since.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

This finisher has a few major issues I have run into:

- FNSP and F1-22 jams and errors. These are known issues and can be resolved by cleaning the one way clutch shafts at the front of the paddle section OR replacing the paddle drive assembly. FYI, cleaning has always worked for me.

- folding pages at exit, I believe this is what you are describing. The "assist unit" is the assembly dead center that has 2 claws that force the paper stack out onto the exit tray. These claws go out of sync and will sit in the paper path, folding the page as it exits. You can run this motor in SIM and watch it crash into the tray out severly out of sync finishers.

-stapler bases break. The staple literally has a single screw holding it to a flimsy plastic base. I have replaced at least 1/2 dozen of these. There is also a threaded hole next to the aforementioned single screw; I always add an extra screw.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

have you ran the machine without the finisher. I agree with the prior post, however an older fuser without the brown pressure roller can cause enough curl to cause this issue also, and then gets amplified in the finisher with its share of wonderful issues.

have not tried it without finisher. Have tried new fuser. Found another set of mylars that sharp has put out for these. Installed mylars and we will see if that helps. Cleaned clutch's on front side. these are a not good!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Look at this also
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks but those mylars already installed.

The curling issue you describe is normally caused by one of two things

1. the drive unit on the front with motors and clutches on is the most common cause, replace this whole unit or order in all the clutches but be very careful of the washers in the clutches

or

2. Under the top cover (comes out on the top cover when dismantled) is a black frame that lefts the paddles out the way, this breaks and rollers catch some copies and curl over

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I also wanted to add that I have seen curling for another reason like this this on many units with a punch blank...and some with a punch. I have fixed it by moving the mylar out about double on the punch/punch blank from what it sticks out from the factory.