Technician

MX-C312 scanning issue.

I have a customer that is having a scanning issue with their MX-C312. They can do a scan or 2 after resetting the machine but keep getting the message "Account name or password is invalid. Consult your network administrator". I flashed both the production and special firmware without change. Called tech support and they taught me how to copy the job log to a flash drive and pointed me to SB-342. The error code that shows on each failed scan is 80-0000 which points towards a network issue. They only recently started to try scanning and this has been an issue right away. All scans go through a server hosted by my employer but our IT says that its going through just fine and the issue lays on customer site as well as confirmed that their scan folded has been set up correctly.
    That's everything I know and have for now. Every time ive seen this message before its because scanning isn't set up and wont work at all. However this will work briefly after a reboot.

Any tips or suggestions will help. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-C312 scanning issue.

Re: MX-C312 scanning issue.

Your bst bet is to get an IT/network personal on site with you and diagnose from there. IF you say scanning is set up properly and you have consulted with Sharp, the issue is somewhere in the network and therefore calls for on site IT/network administrator. Just my two cents.

Re: MX-C312 scanning issue.

Good morning

I can't be sure that what your experiencing is the same as a problem I had recently but I'll do my best to explain. Amonst some settings you can check at copier level and more so since GDPR kicked in earlier this year it seems that Energy Efficient Ethernet can be responsible for scans not completing. A customer of ours has 4 machines and all in different locations but the offices are all linked I seem to remember on VPN. They didn't necessarily see and error at the copier ops panel when scanning failed but when looking into Job Status, the error 80-0000 was displayed. I tried several things at the copier and through its web page to eliminate the issue but discovered that some companies have their computers ethernet card properties set to go to sleep when the user has logged out or when the computer enters sleep mode. In our instance, by the time our client reached the copier, set the job, sent it (not accounting here for chat, making coffee along the way etc.) the computers ethernet entered sleep mode and the scan wasn't getting through as a result (strange yet true) as a result of having their IT company change these settings, all worked out. I've listed below everything that I carried out to help resolve the issue. Maybe one or more of these settings will help you too.

1. System Settings / Image Send Settings / Scan Settings - Here, try setting the Default Sender Name and Reply Email Address
    2. Ensure senders email address is a current used / live address
    3. Changed DNS to local DNS (router Gateway) - Resolution improved - 10.0.40.254
    4. Updated Max file size at MFP to Unlimited
    5. Updated SMTP primary server to IP address - The Ping improved once this was done which helps to eliminate timeouts
    6. Removed Green Ethernet settings from Local PC

As well as these settings check / changes I had the customers IT support to set up a Port mirror to capture traffic from device to mail server.

Goog Luck

Gareth