Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: idncservice

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

idncservice

Would someone tell me what you have to do or be to get access to Sharp IDNC Service > Home > Passthroughs > System Messages ? Once upon a time we were a Sharp dealer. We were terminated as a dealer a few years back. We still sell some Sharp though we sell little of anything anymore. I guess there has been changes in the Sharp food chain over the past few years. Here in the service department we don't get a whole lot of that information so any input would be appreciated. I tried asking on Sharpnet but got no response. For as little as we sell, I don't know when we would need info on newer machines but would like to be prepared.

You need to be a Sharp dealer to access IDNC.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    If you still have access to Sharpnet then you should be able to set up an account with the new website. My boss actually set up ours and said it was a pain in the butt. We are a Sharp dealership so I don't know how that will affect your issue. Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I guess that limiting access to the new site is Sharp's way of separating dealers from whatever we are now. I just thought it was strange that we were still allowed access to Sharpnet but denied entry into the new site. Sharp said we could not get in because their records showed us as a terminated dealer, which we are. I guess we will have to depend on the wholesaler to get us service information on any new models that we might sell. If anyone reading this can suggest a Sharp wholesaler (master distributor?) who has decent support and can sell to Ohio, please reply. Thanks again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    That is a shame. I'm not totally sold on the new site. It is sometimes difficult to find information that was readily availible on Sharpnet. I do like their new software download section. When it has more complete file listings it will be very nice but even there I have had issues with some downloads.