Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motors MX-4070

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

Re: Motors MX-4070

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You might try Kyocera part number: M014600050 FLOIL G2-Z55 50G

We saw this same exact problem on the Kyocera Harrier series fuser drive unit. There was some changing of gears and motors, but I think the biggest difference was the lubricant. Many techs replaced drive assemblies and saw improvement. I changed the worn gears and motor, cleaned all the gear teeth with toothbrush and orange oil solvent, then lubricated the gear teeth with this FLOIL. Huge improvement.

FLOIL G2-Z55 50G
    =^..^=

Part of me making this post is just now having a little time and NEED to flush out all the details. My thoughts too were lubricant, but I wasn't sure what type might be best (least likely to make worse. ha)

I will certainly look into your recommendation. THANKS

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

I had a noisy MX3050n with dev drive issues that needed the Main Drive Assembly, and all was well after replacing it.

5 months down the road the same machine was jamming and making a weird noise. Apparently the motor that drive the Transport Assembly was worn at the spiral gear just the same.

Sharp is out if stock on this motor and gonna try CPLTM8993DS51 Transport Drive Motor Assembly that includes the motor in question.

Here's my pics :

20190320_133850.jpg
    20190320_133931.jpg
    20190320_133904.jpg

2019-03-20 14.31.45.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I had a noisy MX3050n with dev drive issues that needed the Main Drive Assembly, and all was well after replacing it.

5 months down the road the same machine was jamming and making a weird noise. Apparently the motor that drive the Transport Assembly was worn at the spiral gear just the same.

Sharp is out if stock on this motor and gonna try CPLTM8993DS51 Transport Drive Motor Assembly that includes the motor in question.

Here's my pics :

20190320_133850.jpg
    20190320_133931.jpg
    20190320_133904.jpg
    Yep, we've had to order the assembly as well... I can't believe there isn't something "official" about this yet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

I pulled the paper feed motor (just above the transport motor), same part number, and there is wear on the gear in the same area where it meshes with the next gear. So looks like that one will be next. If that happens, that will make 3 major drive assemblies in one machine. 38K blk and 22K clr.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

I pulled the paper feed motor (just above the transport motor), same part number, and there is wear on the gear in the same area where it meshes with the next gear. So looks like that one will be next. If that happens, that will make 3 major drive assemblies in one machine. 38K blk and 22K clr.
    Biggest pieces of crap since the SF-2020 days...garbage.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

We have several machines that have multiple motors fail in this way and several times per machine. We have tried the whole assembly to see if that is the issue, it wasn't. UGH

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

FYI: for a temporary fix that actually worked until part comes in

I shimmed the motor assembly mounting screws by applying washers in between the copier frame and motor mounting bracket. This moves the "bad" part of the gear away from the mesh and good part of the gear to drive the assembly.

hope it helps for you too

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

FYI: for a temporary fix that actually worked until part comes in

I shimmed the motor assembly mounting screws by applying washers in between the copier frame and motor mounting bracket. This moves the "bad" part of the gear away from the mesh and good part of the gear to drive the assembly.

hope it helps for you too
    Nice MacGuyver. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

The motor issue is 90% of the time to do with toner between the gears due to spillage during shipping. The toner on these models has dev in it as well and as such is quite abrasive. When replacing motors strip ad clean the whole drive unit or the issue will return. lubricate with the correct greases as per the service manuals. I noticed in the photos the gears are very dirty. I will bet this is toner / dev.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Motors MX-4070

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The motor issue is 90% of the time to do with toner between the gears due to spillage during shipping. The toner on these models has dev in it as well and as such is quite abrasive. When replacing motors strip ad clean the whole drive unit or the issue will return. lubricate with the correct greases as per the service manuals. I noticed in the photos the gears are very dirty. I will bet this is toner / dev.

Very true. However, we have had several units where we replaced the whole drive unit and still had the issues occur. As I mentioned earlier, we are looking into different grease options here. It was just never really been an issue before.