Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX-M753N POD_N1 Revisited

At the end of September I posted a question about a 753 that was Jamming right before the fuser with a Pod1_N Jam Code.

It was suggested that I replace the fuser drive unit and that was a common issue with these units.
    I did so but the problem remained the same. After that I had one of our Techs suggest I replace the Fuser unit. Since the paper was not entering the fuser I didn't see how that would help but I replaced it. It seemed to take care of the problem. I ran a few hundred copies with no issues.
    I now seem to be having the same problem again. There are very few copies on the new fuser so I doubt it is the issue.
    I made sure all the sensors were clean cleaned all transport rollers and registration rollers. The machine runs fine in letter R mode and Legal.
    The letter standard sizes stop right before the fuser entrance the lead edge has a slight dent about an inch and a half long and the paper is folded about 1/3 of the way down the 8 1/2 inch side Page is transferred. I don't see any hard dents in page like I would expect if drum PO finger grabbed it and I never find them stuck under Drum PO Finger. Next Step for me is Door transport assembly and Maybe a drum unit. If any of you can narrow this down all possible solutions are appreciated

Thanks

Re: MX-M753N POD_N1 Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    At the end of September I posted a question about a 753 that was Jamming right before the fuser with a Pod1_N Jam Code.

It was suggested that I replace the fuser drive unit and that was a common issue with these units.
    I did so but the problem remained the same. After that I had one of our Techs suggest I replace the Fuser unit. Since the paper was not entering the fuser I didn't see how that would help but I replaced it. It seemed to take care of the problem. I ran a few hundred copies with no issues.
    I now seem to be having the same problem again. There are very few copies on the new fuser so I doubt it is the issue.
    I made sure all the sensors were clean cleaned all transport rollers and registration rollers. The machine runs fine in letter R mode and Legal.
    The letter standard sizes stop right before the fuser entrance the lead edge has a slight dent about an inch and a half long and the paper is folded about 1/3 of the way down the 8 1/2 inch side Page is transferred. I don't see any hard dents in page like I would expect if drum PO finger grabbed it and I never find them stuck under Drum PO Finger. Next Step for me is Door transport assembly and Maybe a drum unit. If any of you can narrow this down all possible solutions are appreciated

Thanks
    your problem is in the drop down path over tray 1 the path comes together with another path sorry I am a new tech so I don't know the lingo.I had the same problem. l will look for the part # give me min. This will fix your issue

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Technician

Check sensors. If its stopping at the fuser and the paper isn't visibly damaged then that would mean that a sensor is telling everything to stop. If its one certain tray then look into the sensors in that feed unit. If not then look into the registration sensor. Could be something as simple as the sensor is dirty since I've learned that a single spec of dust is the wrong place can shut everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    Check sensors. If its stopping at the fuser and the paper isn't visibly damaged then that would mean that a sensor is telling everything to stop. If its one certain tray then look into the sensors in that feed unit. If not then look into the registration sensor. Could be something as simple as the sensor is dirty since I've learned that a single spec of dust is the wrong place can shut everything down.
    Dunt-7302dszz Interface pass unit. This is the part that drops down on top of tray 1 when you pull out the tandem tray unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    Cfrm-1117ds53 transport unit. This is what I replace on the machine haven't had a problem since ran over thousands of copies

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

If it does it every time you can in the sim mode turn off the jam sensors and see if it passes paper then. Then you will know if it is a sensor or mechanical problem. I believe it is in the aging sim where you turn off the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    If it does it every time you can in the sim mode turn off the jam sensors and see if it passes paper then. Then you will know if it is a sensor or mechanical problem. I believe it is in the aging sim where you turn off the sensors.
    It is not every time but never with Letter R or legal which makes me think it is not a paper path sensor. But it doesn't hurt to check. Thanks
    Last edited by xring1958; 11-15-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daileyrobn714 View Post
    Cfrm-1117ds53 transport unit. This is what I replace on the machine haven't had a problem since ran over thousands of copies

I am a bit confused. In two separate posts you mentioned two different part numbers . Did you replace both? Which one did the trick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    I am a bit confused. In two separate posts you mentioned two different part numbers . Did you replace both? Which one did the trick?

Thanks
    I do apologize if Iam making it confusing, I'm not sure exactly what the actual fix was... I replace both parts. sorry I am a new tech with little experience. MX-M753N POD_N1 Revisited

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

TT-121313_ MX-M753 POD1 & 2 Jams.pdf

I would start here in the fuser drive section.