Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sharp MX2314 Not responding

Hi there, anyone seen this fault? I have a MX2314 which doesn't respond when print jobs are sent to it. It's on the network, we can view the webpage, we can Ping it, and the print drivers are set up correctly. If we restart the machine, it prints fine for a couple of hours then stops responding. The screen says ready to copy and you can use it to copy or to scan but any print jobs are not showing in the job list as waiting and seem to disappear. As a precaution I have replaced the SD card and reset the machine back up, but the fault is still there and I am not sure now which direction to go in?? Is it their network or the machine?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX2314 Not responding

I would try setting a static address to a different IP as something may be grabbing the IP if it is in the DHCP scope and not reserved.
    When it next fails, unplug the network lead from the machine and try pinging the IP address to see if you get a response-If you do it is a duplicate IP being used elsewhere

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX2314 Not responding

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    Hi there, anyone seen this fault? I have a MX2314 which doesn't respond when print jobs are sent to it. It's on the network, we can view the webpage, we can Ping it, and the print drivers are set up correctly. If we restart the machine, it prints fine for a couple of hours then stops responding. The screen says ready to copy and you can use it to copy or to scan but any print jobs are not showing in the job list as waiting and seem to disappear. As a precaution I have replaced the SD card and reset the machine back up, but the fault is still there and I am not sure now which direction to go in?? Is it their network or the machine?
    Set your port to LPR instead of RAW