Technician

MX-M1204 misfeed in finisher FSS203_N

Hi I have a Jam occurring in the FN22 when doing saddle stitch copying. Happens at sensor FSS203_N. First booklet goes thru and jams on second booklet.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a tech-bulletin on this or whats causing this problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX-M1204 misfeed in finisher FSS203_N

Re: MX-M1204 misfeed in finisher FSS203_N

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald View Post
    Hi I have a Jam occurring in the FN22 when doing saddle stitch copying. Happens at sensor FSS203_N. First booklet goes thru and jams on second booklet.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a tech-bulletin on this or whats causing this problem.
    what is jam code?

what have you done to correct the issue?

do you have the manual?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Its the FSs203 sensor 0CWFK21772001. Replace it and the bracket that it attaches to as well as it is very critically angled, and Sharp have adjusted this angle slightly with the new bracket because of this issue.
    0CWFC876140// is the part code of the bracket (it is not in the parts manual)
    Last edited by chubblies; 11-29-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: added part codes

Technician

Clean the black rubber roller that the sensor is facing, it gets heavily saturated with paper dust.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald View Post

Did you ever fixed this?

I'm having the exact same problem right now...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ordered the 0CW4G85141001, swapped it, and problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    Its the FSs203 sensor 0CWFK21772001. Replace it and the bracket that it attaches to as well as it is very critically angled, and Sharp have adjusted this angle slightly with the new bracket because of this issue.
    0CWFC876140// is the part code of the bracket (it is not in the parts manual)
    Is there a tech bulletin mentioning the change of angle to the bracket? I only found the one on the new sensor. Put in the new sensor and cleaned rollers, machine will make 11x17 booklets just fine but every time we run a 8.5x11 booklet it jams on the second booklet. Paper stops right at FSS203. Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Also keep in mind the Saddle Control Board has had numerous updates over the years, about 4 versions I recall. I've had the FSS203_N be caused by the sensor already mentioned, but also had 2 of them fixed with an updated Saddle Control Board (right next to the sensor). Firmware on the MXFN22 for Main and Saddle is critical as well. Sharp have released some special versions/running changes over the years for Saddle or Staple problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    Also keep in mind the Saddle Control Board has had numerous updates over the years, about 4 versions I recall. I've had the FSS203_N be caused by the sensor already mentioned, but also had 2 of them fixed with an updated Saddle Control Board (right next to the sensor). Firmware on the MXFN22 for Main and Saddle is critical as well. Sharp have released some special versions/running changes over the years for Saddle or Staple problems.

Thank you! Firmware is up to date, we have ordered a saddle pwb and will see if that works!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BSimp View Post
    Is there a tech bulletin mentioning the change of angle to the bracket? I only found the one on the new sensor. Put in the new sensor and cleaned rollers, machine will make 11x17 booklets just fine but every time we run a 8.5x11 booklet it jams on the second booklet. Paper stops right at FSS203. Thanks.
    No, just a ref on Sharp techScreenshot 2022-08-19 115716.jpg