Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mx-M264N with ERR failed to expand ARM8 prg

Thumbs up Mx-M264N with ERR failed to expand ARM8 prg

Have ERR Failed to Expand ARM9 PRG Could someone please explain in simplest terms what i need to do.
    From what i understand the SD card needs to be changed and firmware upgraded. I have been servicing
    machines for many years but never learned any IT related servicing.

This customer has no connections to machine and only uses as a copier. I removed the SD from machine this
    morning to inspect it. It is a Capri #BMBH8GMCF90SD. I could possibly bring an IT guy with me but would need
    to know specifics of what to do. I assume would need to download firmware onto a flash drive and upload to machine
    after changing SD card. Can this SD card or compatible be purchased from Staples or Best Buy etc.?

Your help is very much appreciated. The customer I am servicing has been a customer for many years. Had an AR200
    from mw in 2000
    Frank

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts danceswrabbit's Avatar

Re: Mx-M264N with ERR failed to expand ARM8 prg

The sd cards are standard sd cards. However they are preloaded with files. You either have to use a file copy program and copy a known good one from another machine(or find someone who has saved the file and can copy it to a blank sd) or order a preloaded one from sharp.Firmware is much easier. Download the files from sharp on a thumb drive, put thumb drive in machine,run 49-1 choose file then follow prompts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mx-M264N with ERR failed to expand ARM8 prg

Thumbs up Re: Mx-M264N with ERR failed to expand ARM8 prg

Thank you Danceswrabbit. That is very helpful. I will try to obtain an sd card with the data on it already or get on and try to obtain the data and method used
    to download onto sd card. I have never downloaded firmware to a flash drive and then uploaded to a machine but i guess it is about that time . Frank