Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6240 POD1_S code

MX-6240 POD1_S code

Hello, I hope someone may have seen this problem. The cause of the code is that the exit motor in the exit delivery unit is not turning on. When I activat the motor in the sim mode- POM-F and POM-r and watch the exit rolls,the motor makes a glitch and just hums like not getting enough voltage or if it was bound up. I am getting 24 volts and I changed the motor along with the entire exit delivery unit. When I activate the motor in sim mode every once in a while the motor will actually turn. Most of the time it just hums. I also changed the pcu board and the driver board. I am kind of stumped now.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX-6240 POD1_S code

Re: MX-6240 POD1_S code

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Hello, I hope someone may have seen this problem. The cause of the code is that the exit motor in the exit delivery unit is not turning on. When I activat the motor in the sim mode- POM-F and POM-r and watch the exit rolls,the motor makes a glitch and just hums like not getting enough voltage or if it was bound up. I am getting 24 volts and I changed the motor along with the entire exit delivery unit. When I activate the motor in sim mode every once in a while the motor will actually turn. Most of the time it just hums. I also changed the pcu board and the driver board. I am kind of stumped now.
    what is linked to the exit? fuser... did you checked the fuser for binding .. or the fuser drive mech?
    w

MX-6240 POD1_S code

I dont think it is the fuser. When I try to run the motors in sim mode they do the same thing as when trying to make copy.The motor makes a humming sound like it is bound up but it is not. If I turn the motor on/off many times every once in a while the motor will actually turn on.When copying the paper comes out of the fuser and then crashes into the non turning exit delivery rollers.

MX-6240 POD1_S code

This machine has kicked my azz. We have a junker but running machine at the shop. I have replaced all the boards,motors ,ect. Everything I could think of-No luck. To make matters worse is this machine is out in the middle of nowhere compared to the main bulk of our machines. I have been living at this account for days now. I am out of ideas.

MX-6240 POD1_S code

If you have replaced the POM and the PCU board, and you get same result through SIM mode...the motor not turning, humming

I would start pulling and pushing on the related wiring harness. Check and double check for a pinch, tie wraps...cut 'em, fan and wiggle the wires while motor is activated thru SIM

Sorry nothing more definitive. Sounds as if you've replaced everything involved.

Does the machine pass paper with misfeed detect disabled? (sim 7)

MX-6240 POD1_S code

I got the machine fixed. The power was correct at the circut board but could not get to the other end of the wires with my meter. The control panel also went dead. When I took that apart there were severed wires. Well there was a severed wire on the back side of the motor connector. I also found mouse turds. They really went to town on the wiring. Found lots of wires with the insulation chewed off. The customer was getting all hot about their machine not working,It feels good to be able to put the blame on them and their mice problem.