Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-565 scan to email time out problem

Hello, customers machine was working fine, then they moved. Now in the new location if they try to scan to email more than 5 pages it times out. I tried increasing the time out but it times out quicker than what the setting is set for. I think it is something to do with the equipment at their new location. They said they had comcast out to check their bandwidth ect and they said it was all fine. I am sure a simple move does not cause settings to change on the machine but the customer says it is the machine. I am not sure where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MX-565 scan to email time out problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Hello, customers machine was working fine, then they moved. Now in the new location if they try to scan to email more than 5 pages it times out. I tried increasing the time out but it times out quicker than what the setting is set for. I think it is something to do with the equipment at their new location. They said they had comcast out to check their bandwidth ect and they said it was all fine. I am sure a simple move does not cause settings to change on the machine but the customer says it is the machine. I am not sure where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks
    where was it moved to?
    could it be on a different lan scheme? ( ip/server?)
    using different email addy's?
    could the speed of the card be slowed down?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is it their email server? If yes, setup a gmail account and test it that way. If it works fine, you can wash your hands and leave.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Is it their email server? If yes, setup a gmail account and test it that way. If it works fine, you can wash your hands and leave.

X2

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    where was it moved to?
    could it be on a different lan scheme? ( ip/server?)
    using different email addy's?
    could the speed of the card be slowed down?
    It was at a business now they moved it just a couple blocks down the street at their house. Everything is all the same as it was at the other location where it was working fine according to them. They do not have a email server and the scan to email is using gmail. If you put about 5 pages in doc feeder it will scan like normal. If you put about 8 pages in it will time out.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    No email server, it is set up through a gmail acct.

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    See attached
    I am not sure what you are trying to tell me. I looked at the set up guide you linked to. It is set up and works with about 5 or less pages being scanned. it is when scanning about8 pages or more when the time out error happens. Customer said it did not do that at their other location. It is a small office of only 2 or 3 people so when they moved all the equipment is the same just now plugged in at their house.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Gmail security is triggered when it sees email coming from a different WAN IP. Even though the copiers LAN IP is the same, different building will have a different WAN IP.
    The easiest way to correct this is to use a computer from that location, open a browser, preferably chrome, and sign in to that Gmail account. There will probably be a new notification about some new device has attempted to use this account. Click "yes that was you" and Do Not Click "No, secure account now".

We get this a lot since we have a generic gmail account we use when customers don't have their own email setup. We use it so the copier reports the meter once a a month. Having email coming from a hundred different IP addresses we routinely login to the gmail account and clear these 'security' warnings.

check dns setting also add 8.8.8.8 as second or third