Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX-4050V ETC. Won't airprint

We hade a machine at a demo where the customer wished to use air print.

Of course I found that out at the site. 4050vs don't have postscript and so cant air print

I installed postscript and my I phone still couldn't find the 4050 but had no problem finding their cheap HP MFP.

We got with Sharp who initially decided it needed some other options including a wireless adapter to work but changed that and said it only needs postscript.

We got a new machine in ( a MX-4071) that already has postscript and air print tested them in our office. It worked fine.

Took it out to their office and air print can't find the printer. Then we brought the 4050 back to our office and after connecting it to network but not changing IP address ( not even same range theirs was 192.168.0. and ours is 10.0.10. but the air print works with wrong IP address.

It must be something about their network that stops it but it finds their HP little desktop with no problem.

Any input is appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-4050V ETC. Won't airprint

Likely a network issue with a firewall.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Re: MX-4050V ETC. Won't airprint

Met their IT Tech on location today. I also took my wireless router. Connected my Router to their network cable then to machine. Airprint ran fine on my Network. Connected back to customers ethernet cable it no longer finds it, IT Tech found another router connected to the network he assumed the customer added it to get more wireless signal. It is funny because when I took my laptop to account and connected it wirelessly I could see the copiers web page. He renamed the main router and I could find the printer and print to it but airprint seemed slow. When Customer tried it ( Of course they tried it 6 times without waiting, it was very slow and seemed to prevent the machine from printing even from the networked computers. When I lost patience with it and tried to reboot the machine it didn't want to reboot and would start to print the airprint jobs. I reconnected my router and it printed normally without much delay for me and the customer. IT Tech thinks it is just a slow network with poor wireless coverage and is recommending a new Router with the correct range extenders. On top of all this the customers are Asian and I found it difficult trying to communicate with them. They now want to know why they can't fax in color, " Their last machine did" I need a weekend.

Thanks for the responses