Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Phoenix MX-xx70 Waste Toner

Anyone with an MX-**70 machine able to test their waste toner full detect? We have two MX-5070N which do not set the waste toner replace soon message with the flag of the waste toner popped out. The sensor does flag on/off in simulation but the message does not appear during copy mode. We believe it is related to firmware released after 7.00 but are not sure which or when. As we have updated all machines we can not roll back past 7.50 nor do we have 7.50. We have had a drum back up with toner and upon arrival the waste toner flag was out but no message was appearing on the screen. When checking a 5070 here in the store it does not give the message after 3 seconds given in the service manual either.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Phoenix MX-xx70 Waste Toner

I havent had any problems with full detect yet, but I do know that the backed up drums are a known issue. Sharp released a bulletin and made new waste toner containers to remedy this issue - they may help with your full detect issue as well. CDAIU0930DS52 is the part number for the new waste toner box. Bulletin number is MFP-TB-1810 for reference.

MFP-TB-1810 is for the MX-Mxx70 Monochrome units. These are color mfp's. After speaking with Sharp we were told the message to replace waste toner doesn't actually come up until 1,000 copies/prints have been made since the waste toner full sensor has been triggered on for 3 seconds. It doesn't say this in the service manuals which is why we were thrown off.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Dang, you're correct. My apologies. The one for color MFP is MF-TB-1553. Thats for the drum back up. I have multiple MFP of that model and haven't noticed the waste toner issue. Do you know if you set up a status alert for waste toner prepare/full if you'll get the message sooner than you're seeing on the OP panel? My machines are at 7.60 firmware, except for my 4070 which has not had any issues.

Couldn't resist contributing to this. We have a MIF of 700 Phoenix/Griffin and regularly find that waste toner boxes fill up, but the notification doesn't appear. Most of our firmware levels are 07.70 All our machines have the modded waste toner boxes. It's common for us to clear backed up toner from the process unit augers, sometimes they are completely seized. I have seen some waste toner boxes that are so full that they are swollen!

Technician

Hi

Are you guys using Katun toner or genuine Sharp toner ?

Seen these ready to explode waste boxes but spookily only on Mx6070v

Does Katun toner make this issue worse ?

Tnx

Neilo

OEM Sharp Toner. Have never used compatible toners in our Sharps.

copierman 250+ Posts

There has been a bulletin about a potential cause of waste box issues and seizing of pcus, due to a tab on the white lever that covers the front door switch breaking off. Apparently the broken piece of plastic can fall into the gears that drive the waste and cause this issue...worth a check.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential