Technician

Screen Lockup MX2640

Hi Guys

We have a 2640 that has a unresponsive touch screen. Home key still works, still prints etc. Unplugging power cycle doesn't help. Replacing SD card doesn't help. Reseating CF, MFP PWB, HDD, Display & SCU ribbon cables doesn't help. Does anyone have a similar scenario for a similar machine that they have a fix for?

Cheers
    muppet is as muppet does!

Jimbob

Re: Screen Lockup MX2640

Have you tried doing a screen calibration?

Since you cant use the screen you have to boot the MFP in SIM 65-1. You do this by flip one of the two DIP switch on the MFP card. Its the one next to the dip switch you use to reset the password. When the machin boots up, you just press the 4 stars on the screen and then restart the mfp (and change the DIP switch back before the MFP boots again )

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Alpanapa View Post
    Have you tried doing a screen calibration?

Since you cant use the screen you have to boot the MFP in SIM 65-1. You do this by flip one of the two DIP switch on the MFP card. Its the one next to the dip switch you use to reset the password. When the machin boots up, you just press the 4 stars on the screen and then restart the mfp (and change the DIP switch back before the MFP boots again )
    Thanks Alpanapa - No not yet, definitely worth a crack though but it feels totally dead on the display - we touched all over and got no responses. Will have to get my magnifier out to see that little dsw. Will try that and a PSU tomorrow morn.

Jimbob

See attached bulletin

Re: Screen Lockup MX2640 I

I have the same problem on a MX2614m however I managed to get in to security settings and then reset private dater and the machine came back to life, I am the workshop guy at my firm so put the machine on test after two days it locked up again, I will give the dipswitch ago and get back.

Technician

Thanks for the replies

Update.. what was tried & what didn't work: dip sw touch screen adj, check display connectors again, another fresh sd card, psu pwb, scu pwb.

What did work: swap out the display assy.

Will troubleshoot it a little further to work out if it is the display or the driver pwb, will update again, but not until i repair the tiny broken connector on the end of the key interface harness on the machine i borrowed the display from (Damn, it just crumbled in my fingers) - oh well time to to get the soldering iron & heat shrink out.

Cheers

Jimbob

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    Thanks for the replies

Update.. what was tried & what didn't work: dip sw touch screen adj, check display connectors again, another fresh sd card, psu pwb, scu pwb.

What did work: swap out the display assy.

Will troubleshoot it a little further to work out if it is the display or the driver pwb, will update again, but not until i repair the tiny broken connector on the end of the key interface harness on the machine i borrowed the display from (Damn, it just crumbled in my fingers) - oh well time to to get the soldering iron & heat shrink out.

Cheers
    Thanks for the info, I will change over my screen now ad see what happens,

I changed the screen over this morning (10 am GMT) and it came back to life and seems to be working normally,I will keep it going till tomorrow and see what happens.

woko