ccelder

Scan to Email works - Alerts / Reports Don't - Office 365 - MX-3110N & MX-2610N

We have two MX series copiers, an MX-3110N and a MX-2610N.

We recently switched to Office 365. I have read through the technical bulletins and have scan-to-email working with the <> workaround, but none of the alert / status emails are being sent, either manually or on schedule.

Any thoughts? I've tried searching the forums here first, but didn't identify a similar situation.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to Email works - Alerts / Reports Don't - Office 365 - MX-3110N &amp; MX-2610N

Re: Scan to Email works - Alerts / Reports Don't - Office 365 - MX-3110N & MX-2610N

Quote Originally Posted by ccelder View Post
    We have two MX series copiers, an MX-3110N and a MX-2610N.
    We recently switched to Office 365. I have read through the technical bulletins and have scan-to-email working with the <> workaround, but none of the alert / status emails are being sent, either manually or on schedule.
    Any thoughts? I've tried searching the forums here first, but didn't identify a similar situation.
    there are several threads here @ CTN regarding problems w/ OFFICE 365

ccelder

Re: Scan to Email works - Alerts / Reports Don't - Office 365 - MX-3110N & MX-2610N

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    there are several threads here @ CTN regarding problems w/ OFFICE 365

Yes, but typically the post is that nothing works. I found one thread where scan-to-email worked, but not reporting, however the method used in that post didn't seem to work for me.

copierman 250+ Posts
    Scan to Email works - Alerts / Reports Don't - Office 365 - MX-3110N &amp; MX-2610N

I had this issue and I have just copied my previous findings for you, see if this works.

Update

I think i may have solved it!!!

A few months back we had a lot of scan to emails going to spam folder or not at all when using office 365 or gmail, so to get around that we put <> around the reply to email address and that solved the problem of emails not working/going to spam.

A few months later we are not getting email alerts (toner low, pm calls) due to the <> around the reply to address.

What we have being doing (which now i know is incorrect) is going to "Network settings - Services settings - smtp settings - reply to email address (and putting the <> brackets here around the mail reply to address) where i should be leaving the brackets off.

However, In Sharp copiers there is another place to put the reply to address which is:system settings - image send settings - scan settings reply email address (now put the brackets<> around email address)

This seems to send scans to my inbox (not junk) and sent email alerts as well to my inbox. i Guess due to the brackets the sys log showed a 501 error from the smtp server. (You dont have to do any of this on the latest machines, 3060 etc)
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

See attached bulletin for a list of everywhere to put the brackets on the return email address.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by leo34staffs View Post
    I had this issue and I have just copied my previous findings for you, see if this works.

Update

I think i may have solved it!!!

A few months back we had a lot of scan to emails going to spam folder or not at all when using office 365 or gmail, so to get around that we put <> around the reply to email address and that solved the problem of emails not working/going to spam.

A few months later we are not getting email alerts (toner low, pm calls) due to the <> around the reply to address.

What we have being doing (which now i know is incorrect) is going to "Network settings - Services settings - smtp settings - reply to email address (and putting the <> brackets here around the mail reply to address) where i should be leaving the brackets off.

However, In Sharp copiers there is another place to put the reply to address which is:system settings - image send settings - scan settings reply email address (now put the brackets<> around email address)

This seems to send scans to my inbox (not junk) and sent email alerts as well to my inbox. i Guess due to the brackets the sys log showed a 501 error from the smtp server. (You dont have to do any of this on the latest machines, 3060 etc)
    This is Gold mate! Cheers - no brackets on services reply - brackets on image send reply - doesn't hurt to have a sender name in image send as well.
    muppet is as muppet does!

Jimbob