Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

MX-M465N vertical lines and splicing images

Hey Guys! I have a MX-M465N that for the last month has been intermittently been adding vertical lines on prints. This happens once or twice a week in between about 2 or 3 thousand prints. I can never re-create the issue when on site, I also noticed that on a few of the samples instead of a line there will be a spliced section in the middle of the page that will have the image of the previous page. Almost like they did it in photoshop or something. really hard to describe as i have never seen this issue before. there are no error codes, and I have done a full pm, and replaced the SD card and CF card per sharp tech support. I am going to order the MFPC PWB next but wanted to see if any of you have run across this issue or have any insight as to what it could be.

I have also changed the driver from PCL to PS, and set up retention to hold after print so I can see if the defect is on the image before it prints out. (its not)
    It also has the latest firmware ( and has been re-flashed). also they have 2 of these machines side by side and only one has the issue.

I would love to show you samples but it is a CPA office and all the samples are on tax returns.

Thanks in advance!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts danceswrabbit's Avatar

Re: MX-M465N vertical lines and splicing images

not the same problem but i had one of these models that intermittantly would print very light. Usually but not always on a tuesday. replaced a bunch ended up being the mfpc pwb. something weird like that i would look there pretty quick.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Is it always from the same program that they are printing from. Have had odd issues with cloud based tax programs that will randomly print screwed up pages. Able to resolve some of the issues by using a generic HP driver.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M465N vertical lines and splicing images

I have seen something similar, 2 or 3 inches of image lead edge would print on trail edge of page. Ended up being corrupted RAM chip. If you have two machines I would try swapping RAM and seeing if problem moves.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

So after a week of testing I found that there were 2 issues going on at the same time. First the SD card and CF card seem to fix the spliced image issue, but they would still get vertical lines occasionally. That ended up being something causing arching within the drum. a new main charge did not fix it but a whole new process frame and drum did. Not sure exactly what was causing the arching but it is fixed now. Thanks all for the suggestions.