Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX3640 Tray One Not Recognizing Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Tech2002 View Post
    Tried this - It unfortunately didn't - I am off to the PCU PWB. It is the only thing that hasn't been changed. Working it with a meter I was told is difficult and probably wouldn't give an accurate call.

I'll let you know the outcome.
    We have one doing the same thing and have changed the sensor and tray holding clip, to no avail and still having the same issue. Like you we were thinking the PCU PWB also, but have not got around to that, so it is on the back burner for now.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp MX3640 Tray One Not Recognizing Paper

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    We have one doing the same thing and have changed the sensor and tray holding clip, to no avail and still having the same issue. Like you we were thinking the PCU PWB also, but have not got around to that, so it is on the back burner for now.

Change the PCU BWB - Did nothing. I am looking at changing the Paper Feed in Tray One. It's either that or change the machine. I'll let you know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

My coworker finally found a solution to our problem of not recognizing the paper tray. The paper cassette tray was not always connecting to the tray detect sensor in the back of the machine. By adding an extra piece of thin plastic to the back of the tray it would now engages the sensor fully.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp MX3640 Tray One Not Recognizing Paper

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    My coworker finally found a solution to our problem of not recognizing the paper tray. The paper cassette tray was not always connecting to the tray detect sensor in the back of the machine. By adding an extra piece of thin plastic to the back of the tray it would now engages the sensor fully.
    Thanks for the update. I ended up changing out the Unit. The system is at an early lease and I thought it might be more prudent to change out the Unit. I could have had the Unit out 10 times trying different fixes and never gotten to a fix.

I appreciate the reply and will try that the next time it occurs. Thank you!