Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Sharp MX-4141N Phantom Paper Jam

Check the sensor actuator in case someone in the office had a jam and pulled the paper back out and dislodged the SPPD1 actuator.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

With that jam I would take the top assembly off where the feed rollers are and check if there is a piece of paper blocking the paper path preventing the paper from reaching the first sensor. That's the most common cause of that particular jam. If there is no paper then test the SPPD1 sensor in simulations to see if it is bad.

Good luck

Bil
    Quote Originally Posted by Andypraeuner View Post
    Check the sensor actuator in case someone in the office had a jam and pulled the paper back out and dislodged the SPPD1 actuator.
    I would agree with either of these two previous posters

I would start with checking your paper feed tray rollers. It sounds like they are wore out and not pulling the paper out of the tray.

If you have tried cleaning it out already you could try runniing sim2-3 and activate all motors then run a stack of pages through. This helped me clear a mystery jam one time, forcing the pages through ended up dislodging a small piece of paper that i was not able to locate.

Technician

Take off the lid that has the 1 screw, most likely something jammed up in there with the feed rollers. These doc feeders are really easy to disassemble once you get the front and back covers off! I believe it's 4 screws after covers are off and you can get at the whole feed assembly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would actually check the sensors with a meter. Supply voltage is 5V on them all. the service manual will tell you which sensors read what on the signal line, I have had to replace just about all the sensors in those particular doc feeders at 1 time or another. I also have had a couple with voltage supply to the sensor issues and had to replace the dspf control pwb to remedy that. Sharp actually put out a bulletin about bad sensors in general and this feeder does contain some of the types of sensors in that bulletin. Rather than guess at what it is. check your voltages. Look in the book at the signal list and check to see which sensor isn't reading correctly and change that one.